Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be good to get one definitely, but less critical right now.

I agree, but with Villa signing a GK from arsenal I presume the path is clear for us to get Romero from Man Utd? It was reported yesterday that his former club, Racing in Argentina, would be interested, but can't pay his wages, so he would prefer to stay in Europe if he can. I think he would be a good player to push Pickford

We haven't got a third-choice striker if we sell Kean. He played alright. Scored after missing a good chance, granted, but worked hard. Why are you so ready to give up on the lad? Last three games he's started in, he's scored.

Walcott will be gone if someone comes in. The issue is his wages.

thought his one touch lay offs were good, it's just sadly others around him weren't quick enough to read it, but when you have james buzzing around he'd latch onto them all day long. I felt a bit sorry for him the majority of the game, he was getting bullied as he was getting the ball with two defenders on him and nobody anywhere near him. But the last 20/25 mins were much better.

Bit of that in it alright mate, which is why we should player trade if we can. I thought most played well last night if im honest, but i wouldnt get carried away as it was Salford and they should be, i was happy a few seemed to want to firght and prove a point.

Thought Gylfi was class, id seriously consider playing him in the Gomes role at the weekend, more or less were he played last night, we are going to have a lot of the ball on Saturday id wager. Dont think he deserves to be dropped, wont do Gomes any harm either having to fight for his place.
If anyone is going to take Gomes’ place I think it should be Gordon.

Are wages by weeks of the year or match weeks? I still don't know.

It's reported as a "per week" amount, but players have not been paid that way for a very long time, probably since the 1970's. Most modern players are probably paid into a company registed in Switzerland or the cayman Islands and then pay themselves a dividend at the end of the year, so they can pay as little tax as possible.

To be fair mate, we made 10 changes last night and comfortably won 3-0. We had lads we paid 30+ million for not even on the bench. That is a serious depth.

Dont get me wrong , id like to shift a few and reinvest in better, but i think that should be the aim if we can.

Problem is mate we were at home to League 2 outfit.

If that had been even someone like Burnley or Palace we likely would have gotten whacked.

We do have some depth. Gordon and the young french lad looked really good. Thought Siggy did ok and offers cover for the midfield 3 . But most of the others don't really offer much and makes you realise how much money we have wasted over the last few years
I think you need to see the cover more as how they would perform as 1 or 2 coming into the team. Tom Davies with Doucoure and gomes would function ok.

Gordon coming in to give DCL a rest would work well.

Kenny could do a job etc.

Changing 10 players just gives us last year’s team. But 1 or 2 at a time and we can rest players without a hugely detrimental impact on the team.

A major injury crisis anyone would struggle with (like spurs last year). All but city would struggle losing their 3 best players though.

Problem is mate we were at home to League 2 outfit.

If that had been even someone like Burnley or Palace we likely would have gotten whacked.
Nah.

I doubt we’d have made 10 changes against either of those anyway but we had a couple of gears in us last night. That was a training game.

Ideally we would get RW + CB in and RB if Kenny leaves.

I'd settle now for two in, they can be loans or whatever. But the bean counters are bound to be putting pressure on to generate sales income, and that's understandable.

I think one is definate at CB, two would be great, but anymore is far less likely.

Good point mate hadnt thought of that, very fair point.

Im happy for the lot of them to duke it out.

Last night i think a few fought for a place, Gylfi and Flash as you say. Id be shifting in my seat if i was Gomes this morning. Its what we want really.
Doucoure Allan Gordon
James DCL Richarlison
This is how I’d set up. West Brom will park the bus we need creativity to unlock them, not just James. For that reason and his performance last night, I’d play Gordon.

Doucoure Allan Gordon
James DCL Richarlison
This is how I’d set up. West Brom will park the bus we need creativity to unlock them, not just James. For that reason and his performance last night, I’d play Gordon.

Be interesting mate, i think he may need to play more advanced and has a bit to go development wise to know when to stick or twist in that role, but id be very open minded on the lad.

Id keep him in reserve and go with Gylfi myself.

Check us out actually having a conversation about actual midfield options! lol

When was the last time we got a player back and it went well?

im so glad you’re not Marcel Brands.

Me too. Don't wanna be anyone except me pal.

I also posted that that's what I thought we may bring in, not who I wanted - there's a difference.

Regarding players coming back, it doesn't happen often so it's not easy to answer but personally I thought Rooney did a good job when he came back - he just had a manager who kept playing him out of position which made things harder for him. He still topped our scoring charts though and would surely have scored more given the opportunity.
And if we decided to re-sign the likes of Gueye and/or Stones I'm sure they would be more than capable of putting in performances like they did before for us.
That wouldn't be an issue for me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.