Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You underestimate just how crap our squad is outside of a few.

That Spurs win has clouded alot of peoples minds for the worse and the "go with what we've got brigade" weaned off the teet of Kenwright for over a decade are making themselves heard.

Reality is an injury to James or Richarlison and we have Walcott/Bernard in the side

An injury to Gomes and we have Siggurdsson or Davies

An injury to Doucoure or Allan and its Delph

An injury to Pickford and its Virginia

This squad still needs work doing to keep us competitive and lets not forget clubs like Leicester and Wolves started off at a much higher level than us coming into this window - just because we have sorted the midfield means nothing if those clubs around us are still stronger or even just equal to us up top, out wide, in goal or in defence.

We simply have to keep bringing quality in until we have options all over the field and 1-2 injuries doesn't allow crap to sneak back into the side.
Plus, we do seem to experience injuries to key players a lot. Doesn’t feel like other PL teams do.
I mean, 2 CBs out after a couple of weeks of football?

Plus, we do seem to experience injuries to key players a lot. Doesn’t feel like other PL teams do.
I mean, 2 CBs out after a couple of weeks of football?
It's just poor luck and it definitely happens to others. Back in the winter Villa had a striker and goalkeeper doing their ACL in the same game.

You underestimate just how crap our squad is outside of a few.

That Spurs win has clouded alot of peoples minds for the worse and the "go with what we've got brigade" weaned off the teet of Kenwright for over a decade are making themselves heard.

Reality is an injury to James or Richarlison and we have Walcott/Bernard in the side

An injury to Gomes and we have Siggurdsson or Davies

An injury to Doucoure or Allan and its Delph

An injury to Pickford and its Virginia

This squad still needs work doing to keep us competitive and lets not forget clubs like Leicester and Wolves started off at a much higher level than us coming into this window - just because we have sorted the midfield means nothing if those clubs around us are still stronger or even just equal to us up top, out wide, in goal or in defence.

We simply have to keep bringing quality in until we have options all over the field and 1-2 injuries doesn't allow crap to sneak back into the side.

To be fair mate, we made 10 changes last night and comfortably won 3-0. We had lads we paid 30+ million for not even on the bench. That is a serious depth.

Dont get me wrong , id like to shift a few and reinvest in better, but i think that should be the aim if we can.

To be fair mate, we made 10 changes last night and comfortably won 3-0. We had lads we paid 30+ million for not even on the bench. That is a serious depth.
We do have some depth. Gordon and the young french lad looked really good. Thought Siggy did ok and offers cover for the midfield 3 . But most of the others don't really offer much and makes you realise how much money we have wasted over the last few years

We do have some depth. Gordon and the young french lad looked really good. Thought Siggy did ok and offers cover for the midfield 3 . But most of the others don't really offer much and makes you realise how much money we have wasted over the last few years

Bit of that in it alright mate, which is why we should player trade if we can. I thought most played well last night if im honest, but i wouldnt get carried away as it was Salford and they should be, i was happy a few seemed to want to firght and prove a point.

Thought Gylfi was class, id seriously consider playing him in the Gomes role at the weekend, more or less were he played last night, we are going to have a lot of the ball on Saturday id wager. Dont think he deserves to be dropped, wont do Gomes any harm either having to fight for his place.

Last edited:

I would of been quite happy to close our window until last night .
Great to see our new left back doing well and our first choice midfield is sexy . My wife is happy that we have 2 of the best looking players in top flight .
But our poor defence needs some reinforcements now . Badly . A loan there and maybe another wide player would be ace .

It's just poor luck and it definitely happens to others. Back in the winter Villa had a striker and goalkeeper doing their ACL in the same game.
Good lord. That’s horrible.
I guess it’s just perception on my part rather than data. But it’d be interesting to know what the top 4 suffered over the last few years. I’ll look that up. Thanks for the example.

Status
Not open for further replies.