Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odoi was my stand out player from the U17 WC. He came into his own after Sancho returned to Dortmund, but he was the pick of the players for me even though Foden and Brewster got most of the headlines. He tore Spain to pieces in the final.

I really like Hudson-Odoi, but he needs games. He is direct and clinical which is a top combination. It would be a bit like when we got Lukaku here.

Tomori is a very fine defender too, so it's a close one. Both would be great in one form or other. I think with CHO if he goes to a Byern/Leipzig/Juventus he's a top player in 2 years.

Is Josh King better than DCL or Richarlsion = no

Would I prefer him as backup rather than Kean = no

/
He can play left wing as well, It's about having depth and rotation something that Ancelotti has admitted he likes to use specially during Christmas.

Honestly think we'll struggle to get 2 outs.
Seems to be a bit of interest in Delph. I reckon we'll manage to get loans for our younger players, Connolly, Pennington, Broadhead, Bowler, Baningime, Adeniran, and maybe Gibson of Tomori comes in. Possibly a keeper on loan too. We always eem to find takers for them near the window end. Sandro should find a home for a season back in Spain. Besic, Bolasie and Tosun are the worries for me but we normally find a home for them somewhere. All depends how much of their wages we end up subsidising.

The question is, are any of the current playing squad up for sale. Bernard, Kenny, Iwobi, Walcott, Davies, maybe even Siggy.

I know you were probably being flippant but there deffo be a lot more than 2 outs.
Sadly I can't see there being many sales. I think we may be stuck with loans until players contracts are up. We could maybe get some cash in for the likes of Bernard, Kenny, Davies and Iwobi but I'm not sure yet if any are up for sale.

We'll be cheering the exits just as much as the incomings

Definitely some of the exits are exciting as James, Allan & Doucoure ...and of course Nkounkou who also looks excellent

I'd love to see deals for Delph, Siggy, Tosun, Walcott and Iwobi in that order.
Davies and either Gibson or Branthwaite on loan for experience.

I would like to see what theroles of Besic, Beni and Bolasie are because I can see them as being mediocre back up squad players, but at least willput in an effort

If you look at who we might try to offload they fall into four broad groups:

Ex-academy players who never really made it to the first team but can have a market at a small fee if they drop wages eg Adeniran, Baningime, Pennington et al

Players with PL/Euro experience who can have a PL/Championship/Euro market if they drop wages & we accept loans/frees eg Besic, Sandro

Players we probably cannot shift for a variety of reasons eg Tosun (injury), Bolasie (wife pregnant so does not want to uproot right now), Gylfi/Walcott/Iwobi/Kean (fee/wage unaffordable & loan not attractive)

Players who have a current squad role but could be sacrificed if we can make a transfer profit & replace them with loans/cheap eg JJK, Davies, Delph, Gibson (as Branthwaite ahead of him), Lossl

Realistically we will probably make some progress with the first two groups but little/none from the last two groups and that will limit what we can do inbound.

Status
Not open for further replies.