Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to get options in mate.

Signing a wide player with pace means an injury to Gomes then James can tuck in central rather than Davies or Siggurdsson whilst we stay strong up top.

An injury to Richarlison means James & say a Zaha/Bailey play either side of DCL rather than one of Walcott or Bernard.

That has to be the aim going forward - building a squad of talent who can slot into places and switch things up.

I’m sure we will just it won’t be a zaha mate

James was not tasked with tracking back at all as it should be. Also, I think Carlo still wants to evaluate the squad before we go into the market again. Expect to do most of our extra business late

Get the idea he won’t always play James RW. Get the feeling he’s introducing him from there to get a feel but will he used in midfield as we progress

So Allan or Doucoure couldnt cover on occasion?

At the moment when James has the ball he cuts in everytime and has to look left. Worked great today but having the option of playing an overlapping full back in would also work.

We're not expecting a right back to bomb on all game but Coleman doesn't have the pace to do it like he used to.
Exactly, it works so well on the left with Digne overlapping... And I don't see an issue with James working back to help defend at times. He showed today he's got the work rate and ability to, and he can also launch attacks from deep too.

If we had a full back with the ability to advance the wide man, surely that's better than not having that in the locker.

As today shows Coleman can still do a job defensively so I doubt we will see a RB come in unless Kenny is offloaded. Cant imagine us having 3 first team Right Backs.

We said no to a second loan in Germany for Kenny but im unsure anyone will agree to pay the fee its been reported were asking for.

Get the idea he won’t always play James RW. Get the feeling he’s introducing him from there to get a feel but will he used in midfield as we progress

Same - I still think our midfield options off the bench are still poor until Gbamin is fit therefore for me Rodriguez in Gomes' place with Gomes/Siggurdsson as our options off the bench is better than Siggurdsson/Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.