Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As today shows Coleman can still do a job defensively so I doubt we will see a RB come in unless Kenny is offloaded. Cant imagine us having 3 first team Right Backs.

We said no to a second loan in Germany for Kenny but im unsure anyone will agree to pay the fee its been reported were asking for.

carlo likes on of his full backs to bomb the other not so maybe he is happy.

Defo can see us getting a winger

Honestly Dalot and Hudson Odoi on loan would be a great finish to the window. (Plus some outs obviously)

Full backs are vital for us, I suspected and today proved they will be our width. I think we forget about wingers now, we need four high energy full backs, competent in the PL.

Full backs, the way we play, is the most energy depleting position in the game.

Thought Richarlison was brilliant today helping Seamus with Doherty and also torchering him at the other end.

Last edited:

Coleman played well today but a rapid overlapping full back with Jane's drifting inside would make a massive difference.
Not surprised by Coleman's performance. His experience will be needed this season. But he doesn't have the legs to do it week in week out anymore. A young, quick and very athletic young right back is required to occupy that right side in games we expect to dominate.

Not surprised by Coleman's performance. His experience will be needed this season. But he doesn't have the legs to do it week in week out anymore. A young, quick and very athletic young right back is required to occupy that right side in games we expect to dominate.

You can see why are repotedly in for Dalot and Arias, it’s going to be hard for Coleman and for that matter Digne, to play 38 games + Cups at the high energy the system needs. Then injuries. I think we need four senior fullbacks myself.

Of course, that all depends on were you sit with Neils and Kenny stepping up.

You can see why are repotedly in for Dalot and Arias, it’s going to be hard for Coleman and for that matter Digne, to play 38 games + Cups at the high energy the system needs. Then injuries. I think we need four senior fullbacks myself.

Of course, that all depends on were you sit with Neils and Kenny stepping up.
Neils looks like he could adapt, not sure about kenny.

Think a flying Right Back would be a terrible idea.

Hamez will never and should never trackback.
We're not playing Spurs away every game mate.

There will be games this season, at home and hopefully away too to lesser teams, when James will have a completely free role and our attacking width will come from the full backs.

A flying right back is exactly what we need in those games.

Coleman is still a very good and experienced right back. Let's save him for the games that matter. If we did that with Baines he wouldn't have been unavailable through injury so much towards the end of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.