Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really want Bale? He's completely lost all drive and determination to succeed in football, he's happy to sit on the bench at Real and pick up his paycheck - must like Ozil at Arsenal. Wouldn't go near him at this stage of his career.

Bale is one of the beat players in the world ... he’s never come here but yes .... I’d take him

I don't want to be a know it all, but I said James could happen back in April.

There are lots of big names out there, who if they dont move, could also happen come late September. We are in a strong position in that we have filled most positions that need filling, We can negotiate very hard.

I'll put a couple of names out there- Coutinho, Bale, Koulibaly. If they have not moved in 4 weeks time, we might have a dabble.

After these 3 we ideally need 13 players to leave.

Also we need a RB + GK and then perhaps a wide left player as well.

I think the Gabriel move was because he's potentially top class and dont think (with branthwaite emerging + Gibson on the books) we would otherwise be looking for a centre back.

Now, if we could somehow move Pickford on and bring in Donnarumma OR add in Rajkovic as competition thar solves the GK situation.

Right back the dream is Emerson and failing that, one of Dalot/Arias on loan or Aarons perhaps?

Sort those two positions out ASAP and then we can focus on outgoings for the rest of the window.

If any Coutinho / Bale / Lemar / Sarr or other opportunities pop up then i think we will need a significant amount of outgoings.

Paul Joyce saying in the times we are up for selling Delph and Leeds are interested.

Id generally think lazy, except its Joyce.

£60 mill triple swoop as well - i like those fees.

It’s a bit mad that United bid for that Van de Beek and he was pictured in a United shirt the next day. You do have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes at this club sometimes.

Because their chairman didn’t have a bday in a couple of days time ... if he did I’m sure they would have delayed it ... also signing players that are actually good isn’t really a big deal for them as they’re used to it.

Arsenal didn’t have Sky reporting that he won’t leave his hotel though. Everything conspires against us, always

You've decided to read that he's refusing to leave his hotel room. That's not what was said. It was more "we don't expect him to leave his hotel today" at no point did they even imply the deal was off.

So just ignoring the rest then? Excellent.

No, I just don't agree with you.

Di Maria went from one of the top three global clubs in the world to one of the other top three global clubs in the world for a massive fee.

Rodriguez has had a relatively disappointing three years of football, not managing full seasons in any of them, and is moving for a small fee to a mid table English side.

It's clear which transfer was higher profile. If you think otherwise you're honestly deluded.

Di Maria went from one of the top three global clubs in the world to one of the other top three global clubs in the world for a massive fee.

Rodriguez has had a relatively disappointing three years of football, not managing full seasons in any of them, and is moving for a small fee to a mid table English side.

It's clear which transfer was higher profile. If you think otherwise you're honestly deluded.
2017/18 (inside 3 years) he had 7 goals and 11 assists in the league. I could take that level of disappointment.

You've decided to read that he's refusing to leave his hotel room. That's not what was said. It was more "we don't expect him to leave his hotel today" at no point did they even imply the deal was off.
I am aware of what he meant, but for people who don’t watch the video, it can easily be read as refusal. It just feeds into the usual narrative of exacerbating potential negatives when it comes to us (and other non ‘big6 by extension)

Bed wetting at its finest.

Thought I might actually see some positivity in here today but as usual people find a way to put a negative spin on things so that they can have a moan

I guess it depends whether you're looking at "highest profile transfer" or "highest profile player"

James's profile is higher - i.e he as an individual is more well known and known by more people - than Di Maria was when signing for Utd. The transfer itself you can certainly argue is less high profile due mostly to our status vs Utd's

Hence why I said 'relatively'.

If he had lived up to the hype from the World Cup or his first season at Real we wouldn't be signing him. Let's be honest.
Really his problems are he gets hurt and he can't get it through his head that Zidane won't use him. If he took the hint in 2016 he wouldn't be joining us but also wouldn't be called a disappointment constantly.

To me it's like when people say Rooney was a disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.