Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe Brands will or maybe it’s not his only job. Ie sorting out the youth teams and the way the academy is run.

But if you think Ancelotti won’t have an input into transfers, then you’re deluded.:dodgy:
Input isn't the same as making the deals. Ancelotti saying he wants Allan is input but Brands should say no thanks and move on. Carlo has had his input and the boss has made the decision.

Davies.... oh he's passed it to the opposition again... calmly won by Stones who sends Bale away down the left.... beats Robertson for pace... pulls the ball back... Van Dijk scuffs the clearance only as far as James who takes a touch and OH MY WORD BRILLIANT GOAL! JAMES! TOP RIGHT WITH A SUPRRRREEEEEEMEEEE DIPPING SHOT, IN OFF THE BAR, IT'S HIS 20TH GOAL THIS SEASON AND IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER

dream world.

Input isn't the same as making the deals. Ancelotti saying he wants Allan is input but Brands should say no thanks and move on. Carlo has had his input and the boss has made the decision.
So basically if we sign a player over 27 that will
Mean Ancelotti has made the decision?
Anyway we will see in the summer

So basically if we sign a player over 27 that will
Mean Ancelotti has made the decision?
Anyway we will see in the summer
No Brands signed Delph for example.

I just don't see Brands wanting to spend 40m on a 29 year old who hasn't played outside Italy. Maybe I'm wrong. And we will never know for sure from the outside but the point of having Brands is to let him do his job and not have each manager come in and change to goals.

Pickford, Gomes, Mina and Digne are 25/26
Holgate, DCL, Richarlison are 22/23
We have Kean and Gordon 18/20

I think what we could do with is James + one more top notch starter with experience and then only focus on the other two younger age groups.

We need more Holgates and Richarlisons and less Schneiderlin, Walcott, Sigurdsons in terms of their attitudes.

I make you right. We have one of the youngest teams in the league. We know Brands generally trajectory is to sign young players. I don't worry that this will continue. We have signed decent young players. They are improving. We've seen lots of young players promoted to the first team squad in terms of training. I hope when the ban is lifted we are really aggressive on bringing in the best young talents. The approach worked well for us 2-3 years ago, with Lookman, DCL and now potentially Gibson.

However Ancelotti has shown he is adept at managing older players. There are many ways to win a game, it doesn't always have to be blood and thunder. General I've always admired how Italians appreciate and understand the role of experienced players. He may choose to "cheat" a little with a system to get the best from them, which as long as they deliver is also fine.

I mean just small quibble, I actually don't think you can knock Walcott for attitude. He is inconsistent, but generally his attitude seems good. I think that will rub off on people. He seems a good trainer too,

I make you right. We have one of the youngest teams in the league. We know Brands generally trajectory is to sign young players. I don't worry that this will continue. We have signed decent young players. They are improving. We've seen lots of young players promoted to the first team squad in terms of training. I hope when the ban is lifted we are really aggressive on bringing in the best young talents. The approach worked well for us 2-3 years ago, with Lookman, DCL and now potentially Gibson.

However Ancelotti has shown he is adept at managing older players. There are many ways to win a game, it doesn't always have to be blood and thunder. General I've always admired how Italians appreciate and understand the role of experienced players. He may choose to "cheat" a little with a system to get the best from them, which as long as they deliver is also fine.

I mean just small quibble, I actually don't think you can knock Walcott for attitude. He is inconsistent, but generally his attitude seems good. I think that will rub off on people. He seems a good trainer too,

Hes not someone like Richarlison, Holgate or Digne where you can see they want to win games.

Bale and James would bring fantastic quality to the team. Although I would prefer to sign young, unknown gems (one of the things Brands was brought in to do) I'm not so concerned about how old they are. Their respective injury records are a worry, though, and I also hope that Moshiri isn't looking again for some statement signing. What would bother me is their desire. I have no idea if that's a fair question mark to place against their names or not; it's simply the quality I believe any signing we make needs, more than any other maybe. A poster mentioned Reid and Gray earlier. For all their talent, the desire to win and the need not to be beaten were the traits that transformed the team. Every player we now sign must bring those qualities. We can't have any more meek shoulder-shruggers watching the likes of Mane and Salah waltz past us.

I’d be shocked if it worked like that though? managers at that level survive by collaborating and compromising, if Brands didn’t like Allan, I reckon he would suggest three or four ‘younger models’ For Carlo to consider. however, if Carlo genuinely believed that Allan would be the foundation stone for success, then I would be shocked if Brands blocked it?

Status
Not open for further replies.