Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short memories when it suits
The problem with Stones seems to be that not only has he not improved but gone backwards since he left for City.

When he was with us he looked like a top player in the making who had to learn when to play ball and when to defend. We all assumed that would come with time and experience but it just doesn't seem to have happened and even last season , when fit, he couldn't force his way to become a regular starter.

I can understand City buying Ake to deepen the squad, but if Koulibally is signed as well then Stones looks as if he has no future there.

I doubt we can afford him, plus I dont think he really fancies us.

I dont see him rocking up here, but things do change.
Don’t see it happening either. If rumours are true some of the big European teams are interested in him then Palace will be more likely to do a deal with them at a decent price. Probably charge a premium to sell to a PL team.

perhaps a switch to a 4-3-3

Pickford
Florenzi / Holgate / Mina / Digne
Doucoure / Allan / Gomes
Ocampos / DCL / Richey

Not a bad side that

That's a cracking starting XI. Good balance in the middle and up top. Just the defence/keeper that looks a little suspect, but that could wait til' next summer.

Refusing to believe Kirkbride's 'Everton want to make just 2-3 signings this Summer'

That's a cracking starting XI. Good balance in the middle and up top. Just the defence/keeper that looks a little suspect, but that could wait til' next summer.

Refusing to believe Kirkbride's 'Everton want to make just 2-3 signings this Summer'
I reckon he's been told 2/3 permanent transfers which would be about right, maybe another 1/2 loans to come in

The second half in the Man U semi final John Stones produced the best 45 minutes I've seen from an Everton player in the last 30 years.

He was inspiring and showed what he had in his locker

I don't know what's happened to him at City and I'm not sure I want him back as these things rarely work out well

I think we all of us have selective memories and I select to remember the good times
I thought he was going to be a genuine world-class player at one time, but he's regressed terribly since leaving Everton. I'd say he's more Anton than Rio these days.

You could argue that he's still young enough to do something with, but the club needs to get out of the habit of paying Champions League wages for sub-Europa League performances, or else this FFP dance will go on forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.