Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wellbeck leaving Watford apparently. What happened to him? Bad injuries or did he just go backwards? I remember a few years back talking about him and wanting him here.

There was an interesting debate here on GOT recently about the role of LFC's transfer policy in getting to the top
and how selling Suarez among others turned out well. LFC trusted Klopp to buy well and he did building
up the team's strength in all positions.

If EFC can get a shed-load of money from Barca that will help with FPP and will allow the manager to plan.

Getting to the top will take time and lots of money especially as the club does not have a bunch of exciting
youngsters ready to step up. If Koeman pays over the odds for a player the smart move might be to take that money. .

They get lucky with prices though, they got 4 times the amount they should have for coutinho because of the brand, we'd never get such a fee for example.

Funnily enough I dont mind Siggurdsson off the bench in the last 15-20 minutes when the pace of the game has slowed. Aslong as he has someone like Allan or Doucoure alongside him I think his ability on the ball is worth while keeping him around.

We have to also be realistic that to sell him and make an FFP profit you're talking £14 million+ which i can't see clubs paying.

Whereas any fee we get for Davies is a profit on the books and Delph signing for only £8 million means if we can get him out for a small fee the same as Besic we will likely break even at worst or at best post a small profit for both on the books.
If we got a decent offer for Gylfi I would sell him but do agree he’d be ok coming on as a 10. I’d be actively looking to move on Delph and Davies. I really want Davies to be a success but he’s played a lot of games for the club and I just don’t get what he’s meant to be. Not quick or physical and gives the ball away in dangerous areas.

I can certainly see 2 of our midfielders out the door and hopefully they are as you say Davies & Delph.

Both would certainly attract bottom half interest you would think at the right price.
Probably a mid table side even. They are saleable. Just at what price are they saleable at is the question.

2 out of any of our midfield and replaced, with maybe only the exception of Gomes as I think he is crying out to be playing alongside better players. That's what I would like to see. Davies and Delph? So be it if that's the case.

so, slightly off topic but Spurs mate of mine is saying their September was brutal.. Sent the schedule, it says they are playting in the Carling Cup thing. I thought teams in Europe were out of the cup this year?

If we got a decent offer for Gylfi I would sell him but do agree he’d be ok coming on as a 10. I’d be actively looking to move on Delph and Davies. I really want Davies to be a success but he’s played a lot of games for the club and I just don’t get what he’s meant to be. Not quick or physical and gives the ball away in dangerous areas.

We just have to be realistic in that to be able to spend this summer we have to get FFP down and sadly players like Sigurdsson & Iwobi who I wouldn't have an issue with selling would require much bigger fee's than the likes of Bernard, Davies and Delph.

I also think Carlo rates Siggurdsson based on quotes from the echo & him naming Gyfli & Coleman as potential future managers.

*any* offer for Sigurdsson should be taken. Even a loan. Ideally to a PL team with a contractual stipulation that he plays against us. That’ll be them down to 10 men for a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.