Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe something substantial to the Davies rumours, would offset half the Allan cost
We do still need to sell players, not just for FFP because our wage bill was 85% of turnover. That leaves almost no headroom for purchases or extra salary.
i know weve let some go and reduced the wages bill somewhat, but we need to do a lot more.
Last year £158m was spent on wages out of a turnover of £187m. That leaves £29 m for all other expenditure including transfers. We could do with some sales money.

Hope there is something in the Bailey rumours - the sort of signing we should be trying for

Again though, may not be what we actually need.

If we want a winger to stay wide and, mostly, play on the right – stretching teams and able to get a cross in – he's not that type of player.

He's an inside forward and yes, I'd love him here. Think he has a lot of talent, albeit he's inconsistent but he has pace, skill and can finish which in the Premier League is key.

But whether he's actually what we need as a priority I'm not sure.

I don't want it to be square pegs round holes. We need a wide right player. Bailey isn't really that, so I'd rather not sign a player to then play him in a position which doesn't suit him best.

Unless, we're going back to the thing of wanting a player to play on the right who is actually left footed, which to me would suggest a change in shape.

When that happened, my Nan phoned me and was all panicky cos we lived in a street with the same name. Cromwell Road.

"You all ok? It sounds terrible. I hope you dont know them"

"Its Ok Nan, they live in Gloucester, we live in Cheltenham"

"But still Gloucestershire?."
Is that in Swindon village? I live in Cheltenham now.

5DC2F08A-5E25-4E6B-B694-D7631DDF4A51.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.