Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last two sackings not including fat sam have been a tale of poor summer windows of recruitment by DOF's which gave both managers little to work with.

Obviously Silva was crap anyway but neither he or Koeman were given the right signings to try push on.
If memory serves he was away at the Euros for weeks after he signed up here. I'd question his priorities there, and how true were the stories that he spent a
lot of time playing golf at Hoylake when he should've been at Finch Farm?.

We talk about Walsh's poor signings, but shouldn't Koeman have had some input and been here to oversee all that

I got excited when he subbed Barkley off at half time in his first match. No messing about with this bloke, I thought. Got that wrong.

There's always the 4-0 City match to remember, I suppose.

Last edited:

Literally our best defender. Don’t know why people don’t rate him? I’m decently happy to go into the season with him and Holgate as the starting pair. It’s why I’ve not cared much for the Gabriel rumours, we need other areas seen to well before any central defenders.

Protection from cm will be key. We are ok with three senior cb with Branthwaite as 4th choice. Gabriel can make his mind up forever.

Literally our best defender. Don’t know why people don’t rate him? I’m decently happy to go into the season with him and Holgate as the starting pair. It’s why I’ve not cared much for the Gabriel rumours, we need other areas seen to well before any central defenders.
Ha haven't you realised a fair few on this magnificent forum know absolutely nothing about Football....It's one thing having an opinion,it's another it being right.... Peace be with you✌️

Pickford

Lossi

Pennington

Mina

Davis

Iwobi

Walcott

Sigurðsson

Bolasie

Delph

Baningime

Tosun

Bernard

Sandro

Besic

Who would you keep from the list?
Pickford (I’d prefer to change him, but bigger priorities with a limited budget)
Lossl (fine as backup)
Mina
Iwobi (six months to make his case)
Walcott (can’t see us getting anyone to take on his wage and only 1yr left, and does occasionally contribute. Don’t want him starting)
Bernard (IF we’re not going to play 4-4-2. Sell if we are)

Not sure why Mina is on that list
Protection from cm will be key. We are ok with three senior cb with Branthwaite as 4th choice. Gabriel can make his mind up forever.
Ha haven't you realised a fair few on this magnificent forum know absolutely nothing about Football....It's one thing having an opinion,it's another it being right.... Peace be with you✌

In my opinion our best defenders are...

RCB: Mina / Holgate
LB: Digne

We dont have either a quality right back or left sided centre back.

Going to be interesting if we sign some quality midfielders but effectively have half a defence...

Going to be interesting if we sign some quality midfielders but effectively have half a defence...

Keane and Branthwaite will be adequate for another season. A RB will be brought in on loan. We’re not scoring or creating enough from midfield and we keep getting over run, that’s were the money needs to be spent, it’s a priority over everything.

If the budget is tight. Mina and Holgate start. Florenzi on loan.

The pressing concern is CM. 2 CM will be great and RM or RW too.

Status
Not open for further replies.