Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult to predict what type of players could come in until we know for certain that Ancelotti is sticking with 4-4-2 long-term.

It gets the best out of Calvert-Lewin, but it'd take revamping the entire midfield to make the team competitive at the top of the table.

A five-man midfield is better for the majority of the players already here, with Richarlison moving back out to the left, but then you need to go out and find a striker good enough to carry the load on his own up front.

Because of FFP the only ways we can bring some top players in are
1. We sell one/two of our more sellable players (Calvert lewin/digne) and use the freedom that gives us to bring in the players we need
or
2. We get a massive influx of cash through sponsorship. Or possibly a bit of both.

If either of those things don't happen then the number of players coming in will disappoint everybody but unfortunately that's the situation we find ourselves in because of the mismanagement of our club over the last few years.

Because of FFP the only ways we can bring some top players in are
1. We sell one/two of our more sellable players (Calvert lewin/digne) and use the freedom that gives us to bring in the players we need
or
2. We get a massive influx of cash through sponsorship. Or possibly a bit of both.

If either of those things don't happen then the number of players coming in will disappoint everybody but unfortunately that's the situation we find ourselves in because of the mismanagement of our club over the last few years.
It isn't as restrictive as that.
There are a number of players who contracts expire and that will save substantial amounts in wages which leaves us some wriggle room.
I have no doubt we will see some generous sponsorship deals signed and yes players will be for sale, but not the players we want to keep.

Gabriel, Rodriguez and Lozano would be a good start.

All good players of course...

I wonder if Hamez could play in a 2 in our league...

Gabriel and Lozano would be astute purchases i think...

The Belotti rumour is intriguing...

Pickford
??? Holgate Gabriel Digne
Richarlison Gomes Gbamin Lozano
Belotti DCL
Quite an interesting team...

One of our problems will be solved, Bolassie may be returning from Portugal in April. I will let others decide which problem it is will be solved by his return.

All good players of course...

I wonder if Hamez could play in a 2 in our league...

Gabriel and Lozano would be astute purchases i think...

The Belotti rumour is intriguing...

Pickford
??? Holgate Gabriel Digne
Richarlison Gomes Gbamin Lozano
Belotti DCL
Quite an interesting team...
Carlo has been quite open in saying we're currently playing 442 because the players we have suit it. It wouldn't be a surprise to go away from 442 depending on who we bring in. If you bring in a player like James then you definitely change the system.

Carlo has been quite open in saying we're currently playing 442 because the players we have suit it. It wouldn't be a surprise to go away from 442 depending on who we bring in. If you bring in a player like James then you definitely change the system.

The formation 442 i think would suit him in the left midfield position coming inside, with Lozano/Richarlison on the right.

Otherwise yes, we would need to change the formation...

I think a smartly constructed 4-3-3 could work really well but it would need personnel that allows Richarlison to not have to play super wide like Marco made him and it would need to have another winger or midfielder who actually supports Dom.

I think a smartly constructed 4-3-3 could work really well but it would need personnel that allows Richarlison to not have to play super wide like Marco made him and it would need to have another winger or midfielder who actually supports Dom.

Time will tell with new signings and losing some deadwood.

The formation 442 i think would suit him in the left midfield position coming inside, with Lozano/Richarlison on the right.

Otherwise yes, we would need to change the formation...
James is left footed and we all know that RW isn't Richarlison's best position. We are building the team around him, not moving him to fit the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.