Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah idk. Just because Bournemouth were stupid with their money doesn’t mean everyone is. They’ve just gone down as a result. I don’t think we’d be paying more than 10mil for Iwobi on the basis of last season and we’re worse with money than most, so idk why anyone else would. And yeah, I just added Branthwaite to acknowledge that he’s a brands signing since he was left off the initial list.
I know what you're saying but Iwobi is a 24 year old home grown player with over 100 Premier League appearances across Arsenal and us. There is no way his value has dropped by two thirds in one season given the years left on his contract. Especially given he played a lot for us this season.

Anyway, we won't be selling him this summer and I don't think we should (barring some insane offer)

Whether people do or dont is up to them, but I would really advise people to probably accept we wont have players in for pre season, or even for the start of the new season. You are going to have a lot of teams who dont even finish their season until the end of August. It's going to be difficult to make a lot of decisions before then, and we are not a big enough fish to jump to the head of that cue.

I've resigned myself to that. Its frustrating, but its where we are as a club. If we can get some in before that's a good bonus, but I expect us, like quite a few teams to go to the wire.
I think a lot on here see the likes of City approach a player and see them sign immediately. Then the see us approa a player and see it takes weeks, months and often not happen. Many on here see that as incompetence on behalf of the Brands, Moshiri, the club in general. But it is like being in a nightclub and spotting a film start type walking up to all the sexiest women and asking them for a dance with a 100% success rate, then hating yourself for often getting back-heeled when you try the same?

we are not a ’looker’ of a Club, we are, sadly, A fat, sweaty bloke with clobber from Aldi and a faint hint of BO. Live with it guys, better to accept the truth than to get into a hate spiral! The sexy ones will look around to see if their is anybody who looks less like an Orc before the finally decide to get in a taxi with us, painful but true.....

(Starts sobbing and reaches for the domestic bottle)

Phil McNulty writing a scathing article on BBC (with words from Ratcliffe) on what Carlo needs to do and the mismanagement that took place last few years...

Tough but accurate! Ratcliffe really climbing in too.

bottom line. Overhaul required

Hardly rocket science though is it ? Don't need to be a former club captain or journo to see that. Carlo surely knows. The so what of that article shouldn't be what needs to be done. It should be how it's going to be.

Phil McNulty writing a scathing article on BBC (with words from Ratcliffe) on what Carlo needs to do and the mismanagement that took place last few years...

I remember when the BBC had all of their 14 front page articles all on Liverpool winning the league, because apparently 13 wasnt enough.

Bet Brands is flapping seeing all the options on his short thinly researched list choosing other clubs over Everton. 40mil Stones panic buy is on the cards.

Well City have valued Aki at 40m, to replace Stones, who they don't value.... So any club paying anywhere near 40m for Stones is foolish.... Oh.....

Has anyone heard the rumours of maybe Ivanovic joing Everton on a free from Zenit??? A bit left field all right but maybe a cunning move by Carlo!

It is articles like this, very scathing on the club and the mis management for years that i applaud, so the frauds within the club know that the word is on the streets and know that the club is a mess.
Otherwise we would be led to believe by the club that we need a slight tinkering, when in reality it is an overhaul that is needed.

It is articles like this, very scathing on the club and the mis management for years that i applaud, so the frauds within the club know that the word is on the streets and know that the club is a mess.
Otherwise we would be led to believe by the club that we need a slight tinkering, when in reality it is an overhaul that is needed.

Agreed. But also think they honestly couldn't careless about perception of the club by the man on the street. The adage of lions not losing sleep because of the fear of sheep is apt. They'll carry on regardless I suspect.

I’m sure Carlo and his team know exactly what is needed. With FFP etc it might not be possible to do it all right away but they’ll know it’s a 4 year project to get the team competitive in the upper echelons of the PL.

I think as long as the team is improving year on year then that’s all we can expect for the next couple of seasons. Competing for top 7 or 8 next season would be acceptable, pushing on season after next.

Our recruitment needs an entire revamp though. Id far rather see young hungry players from the championship than overpaid mercenaries looking for a comfortable final pay day.

I'd happily see us not buy one player from the Premier league this summer. Richarlison about the only time we got it right and there's about 10 examples where it went wrong.
Aye I agree there. Lots of good young players in the championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.