Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely its quite clear that we have the following options:

A: Sign players similar in age/profile to Delph who are 'affordable'

B: Sign young u21 players with world class potential like Richarlison or Kean

C: Sign u25 players with top potential for big money which we havent done so far i think...

D: Sign players in their prime for record fees the sigurdsson option

E: Sign random players and hope they magically become world class like Kante for leicester

Or a mixture...

I would say that the game thesedays really punishes teams with no pace which older players can lose overnight....

We were just schooled by an 18 year old and a 21 year old playing with Barkley...

Camavinga at Rennes just turned 17 and is a world class prospect performing well in the league, statistically better than Nzonzi who alot of posters wanted.

I would hope we go for one player like that (the kean option) and also Tonali (the Richarlison option).

Weve then got Gomes, Gbamin, Tonali, Camavinga, Davies which is a nice mix...that midfield would only improve...
Still want to bear with Davies but pace and physicality is becoming the major force in the league. Tom at the moment didn't seem to have any athletic ability. Needs to get stronger. But he needs to improve soon

I think its obvious who we need to sell/loan out:

Kenny SELL
Keane SELL
Siggurdsson LOAN
Schneiderlin LOAN
Davies SELL
Iwobi LOAN
Bolasie LOAN
Besic SELL
Pennington SELL
Dowell SELL
Lossl SELL
Sandro LOAN
Kean LOAN

sadly the majority of the deadwood on big wages will likely only attract loan moves until their contracts expire.

The good news is selling the likes of Kenny, Keane, Davies and Besic would likelh fetch us a good £40 or so million & making an overall profit FFP wise which helps us invest in the summer.

Whether Brands can shift them is another question.

I think its obvious who we need to sell/loan out:

Kenny SELL
Keane SELL
Siggurdsson LOAN
Schneiderlin LOAN
Davies SELL
Iwobi LOAN
Bolasie LOAN
Besic SELL
Pennington SELL
Dowell SELL
Lossl SELL
Sandro LOAN
Kean LOAN

sadly the majority of the deadwood on big wages will likely only attract loan moves until their contracts expire.

The good news is selling the likes of Kenny, Keane, Davies and Besic would likelh fetch us a good £40 or so million & making an overall profit FFP wise which helps us invest in the summer.

Whether Brands can shift them is another question.
Kenny keane and davies would sell at the right price swiftly as long as no one has watched them recently.Besic you would have to give away.

Honestly we need energy and Besic could be the best we have in that respect. Gbamin May provide that but no one knows yet. I say keep Besic and let Carlo see what he can do first hand

Kenny keane and davies would sell at the right price swiftly as long as no one has watched them recently.Besic you would have to give away.

I think Kenny will stop over in Germania - we should be asking for atleast £10 million for him though.

Keane is an England international- when Lewis Dunk is being touted at £50 million we'll get atleast £20 million for him from someone like Palace or Newcastle imo. Davies would also fetch a few bob being young - Besic may stay at Sheff Utd mate although if not hopefully he's done enough this season to get a buyer for a few quid.

For the others its loan moves until their deals expire in 12-24 months I fear.

Iwobi likely is best suited to a loan move with the option for the club to buy for £15-20 million like Palace did with Tosun.

Keans the only one I have listed who I would loan out with the option of keeping but if he did well out on loan and wanted to leave permanently and we had signed a CF this summer like Edouard to take his place - I would sell for £25-30 million with a sell on or buyback clause.

Mate who is a spurs fan sent me this, moaning about Levy. What is more telling is Everton at the top of that list. We all know how much deadwood we have to shift, but that table spells it out perfectly. Of course that’s before new contracts for Richarlison, DCL and Holgate. Until this figure is addressed don’t expect to see wholesale changes in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.