Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had. I know Bayern have used one for a long time now so I'm almost certain he would have there at a minimum.

• Juventus. Worked under legendary transfer guru, Luciano Moggi.
  • Milan. Worked with one of the most domineering and invasive executives of all time in Silvio Berlusconi, who was very involved if not dominated transfer policy (and everything else).
  • Chelsea. Worked under Roman Abramovich / Frank Amesen as a combo who were primarily responsible for transfer strategy, which included strange Russian player purchases (Yuri Zhirkov) and poor fits (Fernando Torres) with bad market returns.
  • Real Madrid. Worked under domineering Florentino Perez, who likely bought Gareth Bale to set the transfer record at the time amongst other players and seemed to automatically fire managers every year or so.
  • Bayern Munich. Worked under Uli Hoeneß who was a club legend, uber traditional, and was very active – to the extent that he pushed an assistant coach on Ancelotti in Sagnol that might have contributed to him “losing the dressing room”.
  • Napoli. Worked under Aurelio De Laurentis who didn’t seem to lack ego and was heavily involved in club operations. Ancelotti’s lack of support for the De Laurentis imposed November bootcamp probably contributed more to his removal than his team’s performances.

I find it a bit mad that people wouldn’t be all over Longstaff. It’d be literally nothing but profit. Either he comes good and is free or else we sell him on for a few million in a few years in more that we’d spend on his wages. It’s a no lose situation in a position we’re desperate in. Also it’s incredibly harsh to be commenting on how he looks, it’s bad form. He’s a footballer not a model.
Could be one of the most sensational free transfers you’re likely to see in world football only second to Tom Cleverley.

Could be one of the most sensational free transfers you’re likely to see in world football only second to Tom Cleverley.
The same Tom Cleverley that we made £8m profit off of despite him literally being touted as one of the worst midfielders in the league before he came to us. Now compare that to Longstaff who’s actually been thought highly of and is still very young. It’d be a no brainier in my eyes, especially if we need clever ways to get around FFP.

The same Tom Cleverley that we made £8m profit off of despite him literally being touted as one of the worst midfielders in the league before he came to us. Now compare that to Longstaff who’s actually been thought highly of and is still very young. It’d be a no brainier in my eyes, especially if we need clever ways to get around FFP.
No mate he’s utter turd! Makes me laugh when people talk about profit. I couldn’t give a toss about profit, I want to see boss footy players in blue and us winning stuff and players like Langstaff are for clubs in lower leagues than Everton.

No mate he’s utter turd! Makes me laugh when people talk about profit. I couldn’t give a toss about profit, I want to see boss footy players in blue and us winning stuff and players like Langstaff are for clubs in lower leagues than Everton.
Profit allows you to invest in better players, which normally means winning more football matches and eventually competing for trophies.

Profit allows you to invest in better players, which normally means winning more football matches and eventually competing for trophies.
No, buying gash players prevents you from winning football matches and competing for trophies. Something this club knows all to well about.

I went from this list in here, so it might not be accurate, of course some of them wont be Everton players for much longer.

Lossl, Coleman, Digne, Mina, Gomes, Gmblamin, Besic, Bernie, Bolasie, Rico, Tosun, Ramirez, Kean? I say ? cos I'm not sure he counts due to his age.

U21s dont count towards the 25 in any way.

So another new week, what are our expectations for this week :D ? i don't get my hopes up and think we only sell one like Besic or Broadhead. No incomings and Hojlbjerg still no Spurs player by the end of the week lol.

No, buying gash players prevents you from winning football matches and competing for trophies. Something this club knows all to well about.
What this club DOESN'T know about is making profit... which is one of the reasons we're currently so hamstrung in the transfer market. It's not a lack of funds, it's a lack of ability to spend them because of FFP and the fact we lost over £100m last year.

One of the reasons Chelsea were able to go on spending a fortune for years was their constantly making small to medium profits by selling on young players who were either developed in house or brought in for very cheap/free.

Bringing in someone like Longstaff (who is fairly highly thought of and certainly has potential to improve) for free and (probably) on relatively modest wages is a bit of a no brainer. Cleverly made good profit in terms of transfer fee, but probably isn't a great comparison as I'd imagine his wages were relatively high, as he was already well established, and coming from Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.