Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went from this list in here, so it might not be accurate, of course some of them wont be Everton players for much longer.

Lossl, Coleman, Digne, Mina, Gomes, Gmblamin, Besic, Bernie, Bolasie, Rico, Tosun, Ramirez, Kean? I say ? cos I'm not sure he counts due to his age.
Not until he's 21, I think you're right.
Didn't count Besic or Ramirez in my head, wishful thinking I suppose.
Silly that Bolasie isn't classed as homegrown.

I really want us to go and buy a big name striker. If you look at the top clubs and their fire power how can we compete?.
Jovic is supposedly available. Tho, if he is, the question, once again, boils down to motivation. Going to one of the 3 biggest clubs in world football and then to Everton, would he really have that desire and application he had at Frankfurt?

I really want us to go and buy a big name striker. If you look at the top clubs and their fire power how can we compete?.
Great in theory. But firstly you need a quality midfield to give forwards those chances. Secondly you need serious money and without European football, they wouldn’t come to us. We need to hope Richarlison continues to excel and DCL and Kean continue to improve.

We aren't really in the position were facial beauty can be the criteria for signing,I imagine he'll put more effort in one game than Gomes does in half a dozen.

People seem to forget the severity of the injury that Gomes suffered, the fact that he came back this season at all is incredible but he gets no consideration for being rusty or ineffective while also playing next to a gaping hole. What do people expect? It will take time, he will benefit from the offseason. He still played more games than Delph despite his foot almost coming off in the middle of the season. The fact that he is now being negatively compared to that Matty Longstaff thing is literally adding insult to injury.

People seem to forget the severity of the injury that Gomes suffered, the fact that he came back this season at all is incredible but he gets no consideration for being rusty or ineffective while also playing next to a gaping hole. What do people expect? It will take time, he will benefit from the offseason. He still played more games than Delph despite his foot almost coming off in the middle of the season. The fact that he is now being negatively compared to that Matty Longstaff thing is literally adding insult to injury.
I like him, but he really wasn’t all that before his injury.

We had 2 strikers each score 15 goals for the 1st time since the 80's, neither of whom scored any pens (not that we had any) and the understudy is an Italian international we signed from Juventus. All 3 of them are 23 or under.

I'd say its probably the 1 area of the squad we are actually strong in.

Only way I'd go for another striker is if it's a young prospect like Gelhardt or an experienced back up if we manage to get rid of Tosun. If still love to bring in Ibrahimovic for a season, but probably unlikely.

The links with King are confusing, unless they are looking at him as a utility player who can play several positions.

Can’t honestly see us buying before selling the football world is as uncertain as the rest of business and has taken a hell of a knock. It’s going to be an interesting window and will Carlo be arsed with it? Time will tell!

No foes for me - I avoid conflict!

Not bothered who we sign as long as they put a shift in, a tackle in, and can pass a ball - sadly an improvement on far too many of what we have now.

No foes for me - I avoid conflict!

Not bothered who we sign as long as they put a shift in, a tackle in, and can pass a ball - sadly an improvement on far too many of what we have now.
Judging by your comma's I think you intended to say put a shift in initially then started adding to the list and stopped before it got out of hand, so I will add score goals to this long list.

Status
Not open for further replies.