Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he doesn't make Grealish's fee, if Villa stay up and he moves I cant see it being for much less personally.
Oh I know he doesn't but if villa do ask that there is literally nobody that will pay that fee for him, so looks like he will stay at Villa.

I think he should be worth about 40 personally.

I suspect Villa would love Michael Keane next to Mings to seriously strengthen their defence, throw in Iwobi as a Grealish replacement and we only have to put forward an additional 35 million to prise Grealish away from them. May as well give them Delph on loan as well. I know he annoyed their fans when he left, but they said the same about Rooney at Everton.

I'd much rather have Grealish and Sarr on our wings than Bernard and Iwobi! Such dross!

I suspect Villa would love Michael Keane next to Mings to seriously strengthen their defence, throw in Iwobi as a Grealish replacement and we only have to put forward an additional 35 million to prise Grealish away from them. May as well give then Delph on loan as well. I know he annoyed their fans when he left, but they said the same about Rooney at Everton.

I'd much rather have Grealish and Sarr on our wings than Bernard and Iwobi! Such dross!

I also wish we had 2 wingers who cost 125m.

125m to Moshiri is actual monopoly money.

But unless he's very creative I cant see it happening.

We do have a lot of players who have left, or could well leave. And we will save an awful lot per week if they do leave. Although I do think it will be more like 60 or 70m we spend, but thats fine if its done sensibly.

Just off top of my head, we've already moved on...

Niasse released
Martina released
Garbutt released
Stekelenberg Free to Ajax
Schneiderlein 2m (?)
Markelo Loan

And then we will probably be actively looking to move on the following....

Dowell
Pennington
Besic
Connolly
Sidibe unlikely to be retained permanently
Kenny
Bernard
Tosun
Bolasie
Sandro
Bennimgime
Bowler
Broadhead

I reckon we'd also be very willing to listen to serious offers for these too...

Sigurdsson
Delph
Lossl

And Baines might decide to retire too.

I dont see us spending 120m or something like that. Unless an absolutely extortionate offer comes in for one of our few quality players and we are forced to sell.

But I think we have ways of freeing up some funds and are finally going to start getting our wage budget under some degree of control.

I suspect Villa would love Michael Keane next to Mings to seriously strengthen their defence, throw in Iwobi as a Grealish replacement and we only have to put forward an additional 35 million to prise Grealish away from them. May as well give them Delph on loan as well. I know he annoyed their fans when he left, but they said the same about Rooney at Everton.

"want our crap players for your best player"
yes this will work

I have already suggested taking him the Etihad, he still holds out hope of Everton winning the league next season.
He is in a class chock full of RS fans. I feel so sorry for him, when I was his age Everton were league Champions.

They are just big businesses these days sadly.
I think the notion of belonging to a club is a fading tradition now.

He asked me the other day where in Manchester De Bruyne and Sergio where born. The globalization of the game has changed so much.
He has since discovered that hardly any of the players are from the area that the club is situated. He finds that puzzling and then questions why we have any kind of connection to the clubs and their players.

He thinks the game needs more Phil Fodens.
I was in a school and the only Evertonian mate and it's hard but one Derby win and I reckon he will be a blue for life. I just hope he isn't waiting to long for it!

We do have a lot of players who have left, or could well leave. And we will save an awful lot per week if they do leave. Although I do think it will be more like 60 or 70m we spend but thats fine if its done sensibly.

Just off top of my head, we've already moved on...

Niasse released
Martina released
Garbutt released
Stekelenberg Free to Ajax
Schneiderlein 2m (?)
Markelo Loan

And then we will probably be actively looking to move on the following....

Dowell
Pennington
Besic
Connolly
Sidibe unlikely to be retained permanently
Kenny
Bernard
Tosun
Bolasie
Sandro
Bennimgime
Bowler
Broadhead

I reckon we'd also be very willing to listen to serious offers for these too...

Sigurdsson
Delph
Lossl

And Baines might decide to retire too.

I dont see us spending 120m or something like that. But I think we have ways of freeing up some funds and are finally going to start getting our wage budget under some degree of control.

We have lots of money wasting away on benches, its whether we can sell them.

Still, suggesting we spend 125m NET is above what I expect.

We have lots of money wasting away on benches, its whether we can sell them.

Still, suggesting we spend 125m NET is above what I expect.

50m net seems reasonable to me. That could mean total spend of maybe around 70-80m.

If spent sensibly on the right 3 or 4 players, that sort of money would be completely fine.

I hope I'm completely wrong and our spending is astronomical, but I'd be surprised.

"want our crap players for your best player"
yes this will work

Keane isn't crap and would be fair value at 25 million, especially when they spent 20 million for Mings last summer. Iwobi at 15 million would be 50% of what we paid last summer. Then they get 35 million pound on top of that, and we have some people in here saying he's only worth 40 million in the first place.

I doubt this precise deal would happen, but I don't think it would be a bad deal for Villa, whose objective will be to stay up once again.

Keane isn't crap and would be fair value at 25 million, especially when they spent 20 million for Mings last summer. Iwobi at 15 million would be 50% of what we paid last summer. Then they get 35 million pound on top of that, and we have some people in here saying he's only worth 40 million in the first place.

I doubt this precise deal would happen, but I don't think it would be a bad deal for Villa, who's objective will be to stay up once again.
They are tied down by inflated values because Villa are a one man team pretty much even though they have some ok players people mostly talk about Grealish because he's the star man, His real value is probably about 40-50mil, Villa value probably about 70-80m. Unless you have some absolute idiots like United throwing around 70m can't see him leaving unless he forces it.

Status
Not open for further replies.