Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is though, whatever level you choose to put Lukaku at, we would both quite happily have someone of his ability in tbe squad again at 19?
Well, I wouldn't want to insult Hudson-Odoi's ability to trap a ball, but I'll concede that I quite liked Lukaku for the first few months of his loan spell.

Another massive profit from a future sale wouldn't go amiss, either.

Only bad thing Moyes did at the club was distort Evertonians views on the job of the centre forward - our fans are more bothered by our strikers running the channels and "putting in a shift" than actually scoring goals.

Its why players like Yak & Lukaku were branded lazy despite being goal machines whilst our fans have hard ons for donkeys like Stracularsi, DCL, Naismith etc.

Apart from that I could only wish we were anywhere near as good/committed as we often were under Moist.
Exactly how many trophies did these ‘goal machines’ bring to the club?
Having a high scoring CF does not guarantee success.
Sometimes they can be detrimental to success , dominating all avenues to goal.
Lineker was one of the best goal machines I have seen yet we won no trophies with him and plenty in his absence.
I prefer a team with multiple goal scorers and forwards who can not only score goals but can contribute to the team play in general.

Exactly how many trophies did these ‘goal machines’ bring to the club?
Having a high scoring CF does not guarantee success.
Sometimes they can be detrimental to success , dominating all avenues to goal.
Lineker was one of the best goal machines I have seen yet we won no trophies with him and plenty in his absence.
I prefer a team with multiple goal scorers and forwards who can not only score goals but can contribute to the team play in general.

We weren't winning anything under managers like Martinez - see the Belgium national team.

Only bad thing Moyes did at the club was distort Evertonians views on the job of the centre forward - our fans are more bothered by our strikers running the channels and "putting in a shift" than actually scoring goals.

Its why players like Yak & Lukaku were branded lazy despite being goal machines whilst our fans have hard ons for donkeys like Stracularsi, DCL, Naismith etc.

Apart from that I could only wish we were anywhere near as good/committed as we often were under Moist.
They were called out because they were complete non-factors in the difficult games, which is probably why neither of them has a single medal in the drawer that isn't from a comedy league.

They were called out because they were complete non-factors in the difficult games, which is probably why neither of them has a single medal in the drawer that isn't from a comedy league.

Problem is people expected players like Lukaku to single handely win us games - I mean he's good but only a handful of players on the planet have the ability to do that.

The reality is an Everton with a Lukaku or Yakubu in the side has more chance of success than one with DCL or Stracularsi in it.

You still need a top manager and other good players on top like.

PIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The interest of #BocaJuniors for the Colombian Yerry Mina (25) it may exist, but for the Argentines it is impossible to pay 40M € what would i ask #Everton for him. In addition, the defender is not for sale and it is a priority for the club's management to keep the player in their ranks.

Yeah no shi they don't have 40m.

so they want a player that’s not for sale and which they can’t afford ... probably make a phantom bid?? I didn’t realise bill had bought an Argentine club

Problem is people expected players like Lukaku to single handely win us games - I mean he's good but only a handful of players on the planet have the ability to do that.

The reality is an Everton with a Lukaku or Yakubu in the side has more chance of success than one with DCL or Stracularsi in it.

You still need a top manager and other good players on top like.
how are you putting DCL and Stracularsi in the same sentence, Put some respect on DCL's name please.

Status
Not open for further replies.