Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly yes.

Was actually alright for Valladolid towards the end of the season. Still firing wide from 10 yards on the regular, but generally contributing to the play and not being an absolute wasteman. I'd imagine they'll try pretty hard to keep him.

Lets hope for the same of DCL/Kean when Carlo brings in a proper slotter worthy of the shirt ;)

....and that’s where I think you’re wrong because I doubt a ‘slotter’ is on Ancelotti’s shopping list. I imagine he’s very happy with DCL, but the quality of the back-up is more of a concern. Time will tell if Ancelotti shares your opinion of DCL.

Personally I've always felt McCarthy's problems were entirely injuries. And I guess that while he was hurt we brought in a better version of him in Gueye. But he was always an alright player.

Might be controversial but I always thought a peak McCarthy in13/14 was better than Gueye, he was probably the closest thing we had to a Kante type in terms of covering ground and pressing opposition. When he was fit and in form I felt we wouldn’t get bullied in midfield. So much so that we could carry the slower Barry. As soon as McCarthy started getting injured our form fell of a cliff because teams could just run through us.

Might be controversial but I always thought a peak McCarthy in13/14 was better than Gueye, he was probably the closest thing we had to a Kante type in terms of covering ground and pressing opposition. When he was fit and in form I felt we wouldn’t get bullied in midfield. So much so that we could carry the slower Barry. As soon as McCarthy started getting injured our form fell of a cliff because teams could just run through us.
Gueye was better imo, I mean there's a reason one is at PSG and one is at Palace but beyond the tackling parts which are fairly tight Gana was always underrated by us as a ball player and McCarthy couldn't match that.

Gueye was better imo, I mean there's a reason one is at PSG and one is at Palace but beyond the tackling parts which are fairly tight Gana was always underrated by us as a ball player and McCarthy couldn't match that.

McCarthy’s game has been ruined by injuries. At his peak he had better suitors than Palace. I don’t rate either of them on the ball but both had the engines this current midfield is desperately lacking.

That’s a bold (spelled C-R-A-Z-Y) assertion

Status
Not open for further replies.