Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not signing a back up striker for Rom would be suicidal from martinez, an injury to Rom and this promising season would be written off there and then. Would love Igahlo but his price would be high so realistically I would hope the manager would be looking at Austin who's only got 6 months left on his deal, maybe do a cheap deal for £7-10 mil with Naismith out the door?

If not one of Ayew or Gomis from Swansea would certainly do a job, more so Ayew who could play the Kone role out left.

Not signing a back up striker for Rom would be suicidal from martinez, an injury to Rom and this promising season would be written off there and then. Would love Igahlo but his price would be high so realistically I would hope the manager would be looking at Austin who's only got 6 months left on his deal, maybe do a cheap deal for £7-10 mil with Naismith out the door?

If not one of Ayew or Gomis from Swansea would certainly do a job, more so Ayew who could play the Kone role out left.
austin the only realistic shout due to his contract and QPR being midtable in the Championship. Can't see the others as ayew just signed for swansea in the summer why would they sell? Not to mention they're only a point above the drop so they'll want to keep their best players and see what a new manager can do most likely.

I think Austin is a realistic shout and he would jump at the chance. Think there might be a few clubs in for him in January

austin the only realistic shout due to his contract and QPR being midtable in the Championship. Can't see the others as ayew just signed for swansea in the summer why would they sell? Not to mention they're only a point above the drop so they'll want to keep their best players and see what a new manager can do most likely.

Eto'o only signed for us in the summer but left in january mate, if there's problems in the camp the club may want to cash in, Gomis has been benched in recent games for Eder who's awful. If monks still around come the window I wouldn't be suprised to see him leave he was touting himself around in the summer.

I agree I think Austin is the most realistic, and I think we would be his best suitor.

Aye started well for swansea, but has been pretty [Poor language removed] for them lately

Aye started well for swansea, but has been pretty [Poor language removed] for them lately

Without European football/a big transfer kitty we won't be able to attract a top quality striker to play 2nd fiddle on the bench, you only have to look at how unhappy mirallas is with little game time to see that it wouldn't work out. In general there is a distinct lack of quality forwards out there right now, even the usual top 4 clubs haven't got strikers firing on all cylinders right now. Outside of Lukaku, Vardy, Kane and Igahlo no one is really putting chances away regularly and none of those mentioned play for the top sides.

I wonder what Lacina Traore is doing currently? Always felt like he would have been a good signing had he not suffered that hamstring problem.

Eto'o only signed for us in the summer but left in january mate, if there's problems in the camp the club may want to cash in, Gomis has been benched in recent games for Eder who's awful. If monks still around come the window I wouldn't be suprised to see him leave he was touting himself around in the summer.

I agree I think Austin is the most realistic, and I think we would be his best suitor.
ayew is also on 100k so thats a no go.

Without European football/a big transfer kitty we won't be able to attract a top quality striker to play 2nd fiddle on the bench, you only have to look at how unhappy mirallas is with little game time to see that it wouldn't work out. In general there is a distinct lack of quality forwards out there right now, even the usual top 4 clubs haven't got strikers firing on all cylinders right now. Outside of Lukaku, Vardy, Kane and Igahlo no one is really putting chances away regularly and none of those mentioned play for the top sides.

I wonder what Lacina Traore is doing currently? Always felt like he would have been a good signing had he not suffered that hamstring problem.

if martinez really wanted ayew, he would have signed him on a free transfer last summer

I so wanted yarmolenko in the summer.....and still do. But jack butland is more a necessity at the moment and will arguably acquire us more points for the remainder of the season that the capture of yarmolenko.
I really don't think there is any amount of money that would persuade Stoke to sell Butland in January.

Butland would have been an ideal signing but Stoke would be mad to sell him. We will need to look elsewhere or give Robles a proper run in the side.

Regarding a striker I would look abroad for another Lukaku type.
Embolo from Basel or Williams from Madrid would be much more in keeping with the potential and ambition the current squad has.

Status
Not open for further replies.