Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question from a Spurs fan: do you guys really think that you need to change that much? Your squad looks very strong to me. Watched you quite a lot this season and it never seemed like the talent available was the problem. A goalie for sure, but otherwise I would be hoping to see more of the youngsters getting integrated if I were you.

Honest question from a Spurs fan: do you guys really think that you need to change that much? Your squad looks very strong to me. Watched you quite a lot this season and it never seemed like the talent available was the problem. A goalie for sure, but otherwise I would be hoping to see more of the youngsters getting integrated if I were you.

Me too. But we have a load of old players coming off contracts soon, (Osman, Piennar, Hibbert, Gibson, Kone a few others).

Some pivotal players getting on, (Barry, Baines, Jags)

A few unsures, Kev mainly.

Then possibly some high profile sales, (Rom, Stones, Barkley) but hope they all stay.

If the dead wood go, and everyone else stays, we still have one striker. One goalkeeper. Little depth at centre half, little depth at full back.

And its a transfer thread. With a new owner who has a few bob.

not really, not given the impressive youths we'll be bringing through ... but they're going to be inconsistent (sounds silly saying that a spurs fan seeing as your young squad nearly won the league). But as jagielka pointed out the other day, we have a fair few squad members leaving this season.

basically, we have the dough, may as well spend it. Nothing drastic is needed, not with regards to the starting XI anyway, more bulk up the squad.

Me too. But we have a load of old players coming off contracts soon, (Osman, Piennar, Hibbert, Gibson, Kone a few others).

Some pivotal players getting on, (Barry, Baines, Jags)

A few unsures, Kev mainly.

Then possibly some high profile sales, (Rom, Stones, Barkley) but hope they all stay.

If the dead wood go, and everyone else stays, we still have one striker. One goalkeeper. Little depth at centre half, little depth at full back.

And its a transfer thread. With a new owner who has a few bob.

damn you roydo, wording my response better

1-- new keeper
2-- full backs poor for 2 seasons
3-- no leader on the pitch
4-- negative midfield
5-- no left winger
6-- weak bench
7-- zero competition for lukaku

now we have a wave of kids coming through but they will need time.

first 11 looks ok on paper then thaťs about it.

not really, not given the impressive youths we'll be bringing through ... but they're going to be inconsistent (sounds silly saying that a spurs fan seeing as your young squad nearly won the league). But as jagielka pointed out the other day, we have a fair few squad members leaving this season.

basically, we have the dough, may as well spend it. Nothing drastic is needed, not with regards to the starting XI anyway, more bulk up the squad.

We need a whole new spine.

Yeah the only difference to us and you lot is you had a better manager and coaching staff!!!! Nil satis nisi optimum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a good squad on paper, but thats the key phrase "on paper". Football is not played on paper.

When you look at the squad we need to go and get another keeper to rival Robles. Another striker to help Lukaku (or two if goes) and a left sided player.

I think with the right manager who can get Barkley fitter we will be ok. But players need to step up. McCarthy, Besic, Barkley, Deulofeu, Stones all need to start showing more consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.