Everton 'too good to go down'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH1958

Player Valuation: £6m
Here's six clubs that thought the same and ended up relegated!

Manchester United in 1973/74
Atletico Madrid: 1999/00
Leeds United: 2003/04
West Ham: 2002/03
Kaiserslautern: 1995/96
River Plate: 2010/11

There are a few others teams people thought the same of
Notable mentions:

Manchester City: 1937/38 – Seventy seven years on, City remain the only English side to win the league and then suffer relegation the following season.

Nottingham Forest: 1992/93 –Brian Clough’s extraordinary managerial career ended with failure as Forest bowed out of the top flight, despite including the likes of Roy Keane and Stuart Pearce.

Juventus: 2005/06 – Juve weren’t actually relegated on the field, but off field misdemeanours meant a team including Gianluigi Buffon, Patrick Vieira, Alessandro Del Piero and Zlatan Ibrahimovic were demoted to Serie B.

Corinthians: 2007 – The Sao Paulo club won their fourth Brazilian title in 2005, but following the departures of Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano, were relegated just two years later.

Newcastle United: 2008/09 – The Magpies were relegated from the Premier League for the first time since it’s inception under legendary strikerAlan Shearer.

An overly used and simplistic comment. With our quality we 'shouldn't be contenders for relegation', but no team is too good for relegation!

In my humble opinion the table does not lie: if you lose more games than you win or draw then relegation must be a possibility (or prospect).

If we do get relegation (and it's a big if), then we've obviously not been good enough and deserve our fate.

As I said before, it's like saying a Ferrari is too good to lose a bicycle race. If the driver veers off and crashes into a tree, QewPeeArr, BurnWee and all of the other merry little wankstains will happily cycle past our flaming wreckage.

Ultimately the top end of the table is decided on quality, and the bottom end is decided on graft. We have the best squad in the bottom 10 by a mile, but we have very little fight.

No team is ever to good to go down,i think we will be safe no problem,but i was one of the few it seemed that thought we would not do as well as last season,had us as 8th getting around 60 points this season,as i could not seeing us getting higher, or as much as last seasons total-which was good enough for champs league most seasons,would have been good enough for 3rd one season and 2nd another just in the last 5/6 years alone

As a club we are to big to go down but the football we play isn't good enough to stay up, we are just gambling on there being three worse teams.
A while back when we were 12th a lot thought there were too many teams behind us so we would be safe, well two of them went above us last weekend and even Villa got a win; something we don't seem to be able do.
Only a upturn in form will keep us up, if we just rely on other sides we can forget it because the teams below will be doing everything they can to avoid he drop.

It's second season syndrome.
I probably agree,but ive never been one to think like that,second season syndrome etc,he did everything right last season,subs,players,playing good footy pretty much everything,to this season,almost going the absolute opposite so much off the season,massive season for him next season i say

We know this is a possibility. No team is to
As a club we are to big to go down but the football we play isn't good enough to stay up, we are just gambling on there being three worse teams.
A while back when we were 12th a lot thought there were too many teams behind us so we would be safe, well two of them went above us last weekend and even Villa got a win; something we don't seem to be able do.
Only a upturn in form will keep us up, if we just rely on other sides we can forget it because the teams below will be doing everything they can to avoid he drop.

As a club? Loads of big clubs have been relegated. The points is what matters and we have to hope to have enough of them come end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.