Everton to use Footy Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 or even 5 years ago, this would have been a [Poor language removed] joke. But in the world we live to day. Anything that gives us an edge is a bonus. The scouting for this game is 2nd to none on the planet. I saw somthing a while ago about it.

If UTD or the r/s had done it 1st, everyone would be slating kenwrong an hecels for not doing it!!

I mentioned this app called IMScouting on here a few weeks back, it might have been that. Similar sort of thing.

I think people need to be clear. We've not bought an advance copy of the game, we ould do that anyway, we've got access to the database of information.

If this is a step further than simply buying the game, it gives us an edge. Plus it means that we could save on wild goose chases as we will still need to do all the follow up work, and background checks that go into finding a player.

If people think that we've just been given a copy of FM2009, cleary they've missed the whole idea, particlarly as other managers delve into it as well.

Funny thing is me and me mates always had a laugh saying that managers well looked at Footy Manager for players cos it does predict the future hahaha.

I know I'm just saying it from playing the game but there's countless times I've got players or scouted players on the game that were complete no names who've ended up quality players or up and coming players.

Matias Fernandez was a great player 2 editions on the trot on the game. Get him scouted Moyes, he's gold!

i watch the k league week in week out and am better than any everton scout in korea.

exhibit A

park chu young went to monaco for 2 million quid and is now playing very well for them in the number 10 shirt and scoring goals. how long before he hops over to the prem?

i really feel i am the most clued up blue in korea and know better than to believe some dodgy scout who has a vhs tape of his boy scoring a few goals against seoul.

if ian ross is reading this, or any blue from the club for that matter then get on it!

use your resources! i'll make a top ten player list and i'll only ask for one of those groovy high viz third shirt (long sleeve of course) in return.

Funny thing is me and me mates always had a laugh saying that managers well looked at Footy Manager for players cos it does predict the future hahaha.

I know I'm just saying it from playing the game but there's countless times I've got players or scouted players on the game that were complete no names who've ended up quality players or up and coming players.

Matias Fernandez was a great player 2 editions on the trot on the game. Get him scouted Moyes, he's gold!

I remember Dom or someone going on about Moutinho in the game a couple of years ago, and he has blossomed as well. Plus all the FM/CM forums would have recommendations for youngsters in the game, Babel was one and so was Podulski IIRC. They do seem to have a knack for spotting the ones with potential.

I think people need to be clear. We've not bought an advance copy of the game, we ould do that anyway, we've got access to the database of information.

If this is a step further than simply buying the game, it gives us an edge. Plus it means that we could save on wild goose chases as we will still need to do all the follow up work, and background checks that go into finding a player.

If people think that we've just been given a copy of FM2009, cleary they've missed the whole idea, particlarly as other managers delve into it as well.

It's a crackpot idea all told. It surely can only be seen as a gimmick...like when Sam Allardyce used to boost Bolton's (and his own) profile by emphasising all the Opta stats stuff. There's no harm in it though. Everton and FM are doing a bit of mutual backslapping. Just a bit of nonsense.

So, in Football Manager 2010, a cool new feature will be added. You will assign your FM09 scout to search for your players, it will be like playing FM09 on FM10 :dodgy:

It's a crackpot idea all told. It surely can only be seen as a gimmick...like when Sam Allardyce used to boost Bolton's (and his own) profile by emphasising all the Opta stats stuff. There's no harm in it though. Everton and FM are doing a bit of mutual backslapping. Just a bit of nonsense.

Big Sam used the Opta stats just to boost his players confidence being that his team was full of yard dogs that got into the top ten every season.

The game database is used just to give an indication on players, especially up and coming players you can get on the cheap. Its a starting point to enquire.

Its basically just like word of mouth. Clubs dont have 100's of scouts around the world to see every player, they rely on what people say/report, stats, etc before they even go and see them.

And it has been proven that other clubs use it, there's countless players in the Prem League that were rated highly years ago on the game when they were nobodys -- (Giovanni Dos Santos, Vincent Kompany, Daniel Sturridge, Zayatte off the top of me head). Fancy enquiring about those players on the back of the database when they're 16-17 years old and getting them on the cheap?

You gotta get you info from somewhere. Its a management simulator where the makers try to get it as real as possible. Its similar to Flight Simulator on the PC -- they train pilots using that game!

For you Footy Man heads -- which young stars were in your team in last years game?
A few in mine -
Matias Fernandez
Jose Sosa
Damien Le Tellec

Let's say Everton are alerted to a prospect. All players these days have agents, and if they dont, they soon get one when interest is shown in them. Do you think they'll want Everton to be shooting fish in a barrel and having sole access to their charge? Will they fcuk. The world of football is a small place. How many times in the past have we seen Moyes onto a player and then we get gazumped by Newcastle or Liverpool or Spurs?

As I say, it's a bit of publicity to demonstrate forward thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.