Everton Supporters Trust Safe Standing Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the risk exactly?

People falling over, making it harder for paramedics etc to get in and help those people, harder to identify people who are trouble makers. There is loads of reasons.

I know its all a bit OTT and drastic and in reality none of this will likely happen. Its just something that I dont think needs doing.

People falling over, making it harder for paramedics etc to get in and help those people, harder to identify people who are trouble makers. There is loads of reasons.

I know its all a bit OTT and drastic and in reality none of this will likely happen. Its just something that I dont think needs doing.

They aren't extra risks though? They happen now with all seated stadia.

In fact I'd argue it's the other way, when paramedics come along now do people just sit there while they work their way through? They stand up and make it easier to access the patient.

I've absolutely no idea how people being a couple of feet taller makes it harder to identify them either

Are people not more likely to fall over seats that are only shin high than a barrier waist high? I get that everyone has a different opinion on this but it feels like some have not actually looked into what rail seating is, this will not be a return to the terraces.

They aren't extra risks though? They happen now with all seated stadia.

In fact I'd argue it's the other way, when paramedics come along now do people just sit there while they work their way through? They stand up and make it easier to access the patient.

I've absolutely no idea how people being a couple of feet taller makes it harder to identify them either

Well they wouldn't be in a designated seat for a start.

To be honest I don't even know why I got involved in this. I don't care one way or the other if it happens. I just don't get the obsession with it. Hopefully the team will give the people something to stand up about.

Ratio is 1:1.8. For every 40 seats 72 people will stand, stipulated in the green guide (A guide to safety at Sports Grounds)

Link is here
Nice one mate;)

Do you know how it would work in practice for a season ticket holder?. Would they just be allocated a row in which to stand? Can't see them being allocated an actual space. Imagine these little circles on the ground with a ticket number on that you have to stand on all through the match.

Re the atmosphere - I see it a bit this way. For whatever reason, it's more fun to stand in the pub with a pint and watch a game with your mates than it is to grab a stool and watch it. It's more jocular, the jostling and the joking is more accentuated when you're stood up. I really think that would be the same with rail seating. It'd just be more fun.

Well they wouldn't be in a designated seat for a start.

To be honest I don't even know why I got involved in this. I don't care one way or the other if it happens. I just don't get the obsession with it. Hopefully the team will give the people something to stand up about.
I'm sure you get a designated spot where to stand same way you get a seat or am I missing something ?

Not only do I want to go in it I want sing my head off and support the team until the game is over, winning, losing or drawing. I'm sick of people trying to tell everyone when you can and can't sing.

resizedimage600337-Posh-group-in-AWD-Arena.jpg

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/what-does-safe-standing-look-like/

My understandng is that it's "rail seats". there is no increase in capacity, you get a seat number on your ticket just like now but you can then stand up and you have a rail in from of each row of seats just like the picture in Duncan's post.

My many years of Lower Gwladys experience leads me to believe that if I was standing there with them i would have people farting on me regularly, one person would constantly fall asleep and start slobbering on my shoulder and a bunch of them would be annoying me every five minutes trying to get past to go for a pee. If they bothered to go the toilet of course...

Is there a way for me to stand without touching anybody?
Did you not see the bit on the form that asked about if you would like also to see stadiums introduce a farting section?

Wind of change all this mate.

CHEErs TeD

I don't see any problem having a safe standing section at Goodison/new stadium. Not for me though, I'll stick to a seated area of the ground ;)

Really hope this happens . Spent the best years of my life on the terraces. It was a more exciting and visceral way to enjoy a match. I'm a little perplexed by people who don't realise the connection between a better atmosphere and standing. If you go to church you sit to be sermonised and stand to sing.

Status
Not open for further replies.