Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What this means is that ‘deadwood’ players or players from last season who underperformed or weren’t used will have to step up/Benitez will have to nurture them. Gomes, Davies (was good last season as Allan cover), Delph, Iwobi (who is already showing signs), Gbamin - all have a part to play to bolster the depth and be viable alternatives to the first team. James has to be brought back into the squad to be involved. The real worry is the full back positions. We’ll just have to pray we are lucky.

Going into the last day and needing a RB, instead we let a LB, CM and CF leave and sign a CF. It's a bit poor really. We've struggled to fill the bench at times and it's already happened that we have had 5 players out through covid isolation and still had to play the match.

We have essentially now got 1 LB, yes Godfry can play there, but he's not a direct replacement for Digne. With Gomes going out I thought we would at least get a CM on loan. When it was mentioned that Porto wanted £30m for Diaz, I thought there was no chance, but again I thought we might get a different player in on loan.
Well I think it wasn't for trying to get an RB, I said earlier all the outgoings make sense, keeping Kean was a Balotelli nightmare waiting to happen, a great bit of business we made a considerable profit - LB Niles is to raw, makes sense for him to cut his teeth somewhere else.
We are paying a fortune for Delph, may as well get moneys worth for a couple of games before he gets injured getting out of his rolla!!!

Everton put 3 bids and JR - chairman wanted £80 so onwards and upwards

Would have liked a different window of course, but the reality of the situation means we are here due to spending vast sums on not very good footballers.

Sure you can all point fingers and blame whoever you like, but the fact is we are here now and thats simply that.

We still have some very good footballers, we do of course some glaring and I mean glaring holes at fullback that at some point will royally smack us on the arse, but again, it is what it is.

COYB.
When you have glaring holes you prioritise the glaring holes. Brands prioritised other positions first then left full back to a deadline day lottery. The decision to then loan out Nkounkou is almost too ridiculous to believe.

This isn't the first time we've been left completely short by Brands but it is by far the worst instance. How anyone can have confidence in him at thos point is beyond me. His mistakes this window will hurt us and could derail the season.

We don't improve until the people in charge of recruitment at this club are removed from their roles. Its not scapegoating or the blame game, it's realism and an acceptance that this isn't working.

I wouldn't argue that mate, but everyone needs to accept the reality that the barmpot transfer activities of previous years is over for some considerable time.
I have no issue with that. But we needed to be more creative this window In getting players in and out . Letting Nkounkou go after small already leaving was a small thing maybe. But it was also very stupid.

Inappropriate Language
Just seen the club statement on this where they've said ideally they didn't want to loan him out but the opportunity to cause maximum angst amongst the fan base was too big a chance to miss.
We don't half do some head-scratchingly odd things sometimes - Almost is like they're winding us up

Moshiri sat in a big glass bubble in the sky like a [Poor language removed] Ed Harris from The Truman Show

When you have glaring holes you prioritise the glaring holes. Brands prioritised other positions first then left full back to a deadline day lottery. The decision to then loan out Nkounkou is almost too ridiculous to believe.

This isn't the first time we've been left completely short by Brands but it is by far the worst instance. How anyone can have confidence in him at thos point is beyond me. His mistakes this window will hurt us and could derail the season.

We don't improve until the people in charge of recruitment at this club are removed from their roles. Its not scapegoating or the blame game, it's realism and an acceptance that this isn't working.
I think the window went how Brands went it to go.

Yeah I realise that doesnt make things better, but it is what it is.

We had no money due to mistakes made in the past, yes, by Brands among others.

Brands wont be going anywhere, cos the people who know why it had to be done, will appreciate why it was done.

The lack of cover on midfield and full back. And the lack of another top class attacker, could come back and bite us.

The only way we get close to the European spots is no injuries and Rafael getting a tune out of James

So it's not Usmanov pulling the strings behind the shadows with the club, it's this guy for sure after what has transpired so far this season

1b6XRcm.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.