Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can't cheer that Benitez is here than whinge we've signed someone like Rondon or Townsend. He's asked for them.

Presumably though, he's been briefed that there's no money to spend. You can't blame a manager for looking at cheap options that he can trust.

So so so poor no right back to cover and eventually take over from Seamus. Seamus cannot play every game we will be back to Holgate and Godfrey there. Now there's no cover at left back too. Failure.

You can't cheer that Benitez is here than whinge we've signed someone like Rondon or Townsend. He's asked for them.
Good signings. Especially Townsend. He's been let down though. We can't kid ourselves and pretend like benitez asked for gray, Townsend and Rondon and thats all he wanted. Told brands to stop searching.

Going into the last day and needing a RB, instead we let a LB, CM and CF leave and sign a CF. It's a bit poor really. We've struggled to fill the bench at times and it's already happened that we have had 5 players out through covid isolation and still had to play the match.

We have essentially now got 1 LB, yes Godfry can play there, but he's not a direct replacement for Digne. With Gomes going out I thought we would at least get a CM on loan. When it was mentioned that Porto wanted £30m for Diaz, I thought there was no chance, but again I thought we might get a different player in on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.