Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm suggesting that the media offer clickbait and fans bite.

And no, I am firmly of the belief that we've have spent exactly what we had available to spend and whether it was Benitez or Brands, or a combination of both, we've added four players and not lost our two primary assets in DCL and Richarlison, and if Rodriguez gets his head from up his own rear end and works harder to play positively for the club, we may have had a very good window for precious little outlay.
OK. So it's speculation like everyone else.
I personally think we have left ourselves extremely light in a few positions and will struggle with a few injuries.
Let's see in May I guess s

I'd have had him when we shifted Lukaku but fans were demanding another superstar and we got Rooney instead
He’s fine as a backup, just reeling from such a diabolical transfer window. Not sure about two years though, that shows we had to persuade the geezer.

I don’t even mind Rondon has a back up to be fair. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by Grey and Townsend so far and how they actually seem fully appreciative of Everton, it’s refreshing to see the attitude. I hope he starts much the same.

Not signing a rb at all is criminal tho
Wait untill you hear we only have 1 LB at the club now.

So you are sayin that none of the bids we made were legitimate at all then.
7 or 8 million ain't massive money.
They were putting deals in place for when a sale was made. At the time of the bid, the money was not there. The deals couldn’t have been finalised until Kean was sold. That only happened yesterday.

A blind man could see we needed to improve our squad .
Ok a dedicated RB was top priority ( not getting one is a disappointment) Rondon has come in as Striker back up. Gray and Towns end have looked good all cost very little and improved us. Allen and Doucoure look great as a pair, Gray has started off great. We have 4 ok CBs, also Gomes, Iwobi Davies as midfield back up, James is still here. Granted some of those players were awful last season but they have been good in there careers, managed right they could well become decent again. So where did you want improved anotehr winger would have been nice but if a decent one wasn’t available, what do you do?

I mean we were in discussions for 2 weeks over Diaz so yes I think we were bothered

But with James staying it's not a massive, massive issue. RIght-back is.

Suspect Diaz was lined up as a Richarlison replacement had he gone, mate.

Granted that does require believing the club is capable of forward thinking...

What I will say about Rondon is that at least Benitez has worked with him before and obviously feels he'll fit in here, which is probably more than you can say about Ancelotti with Josh King.

OK. So it's speculation like everyone else.
I personally think we have left ourselves extremely light in a few positions and will struggle with a few injuries.
Let's see in May I guess s
I wouldn't argue that mate, but everyone needs to accept the reality that the barmpot transfer activities of previous years is over for some considerable time.

Status
Not open for further replies.