Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a funny feeling that it’s all going to wait until after the weekend and we’re going to have about six out and two or three in within the space of about 30 odd hours.
Sky might actually justify their ridiculous deadline day hype this time!
You fall for this every year, don’t you?

This worked well when we sold Rom....oh wait

Selling the greatest talent the club has ever seen in Wayne Rooney did eventually work out for us. I agree that replacing young for old would not be good, but if we brought in more than one player, some young some old, it could feasibly improve us.

You fall for this every year, don’t you?
Last season we signed our players early so… no? In fact my point was that deadline day has been a non-entity for quite a few years but I feel this year will be different.
Feel free to take whatever pride you want in your superior knowledge if we don’t sign anyone in the remainder of the month but I’d be surprised if we don’t.

Last season we signed our players early so… no? In fact my point was that deadline day has been a non-entity for quite a few years but I feel this year will be different.
Feel free to take whatever pride you want in your superior knowledge if we don’t sign anyone in the remainder of the month but I’d be surprised if we don’t.
I meant the sky deadline hype machine. We are all guilty of falling for it.

Unsure if any fee involved

E9oNc__WQAITug-

It's interesting watching Benitez being the pragmatist so far - not throwing his toys out the pram about transfers, trying to get a tune out of Holgate, Davies, Iwobi, Kean etc.
Early days but all four of them have looked better this season than last (Davies and Kean only against Huddersfield I know but can only judge on what I’ve seen)

Would still absolutely sell them in a heartbeat if we can replace with better though but it’s easier to sell when there are some recent highlights in actual games to look at.

Absolute madness the way these windows play out the same every year and yet people cry every day because they expect something different.

Typically, most business gets done early or late. Early stuff gets done when there's no competition involved for some reason, and/or when the selling team is getting a tasty wedge and wants time to bring in new recruits.

Obviously, in tournament years, some big mid-window business can happen when players are back from extended breaks, etc.

Late business happens when teams get injuries, assess squad weaknesses or - and this is relevant - have limited funds available and have to haggle.

Looking at RBs, for example: our budget means the two most likely we've heard about so far are Buta and Patterson (of course we could be working on deals nobody has heard of yet, but no way of knowing that); both are in the top two players in their position at their clubs and will likely need replacing. Operating at the lower end of the budgetary scale, but us still being a PL club with a reputation for financial profligacy, teams will want to squeeze us; they'll also want to come up with options to replace their player. Our best hope in these situations is usually to leak the move to the press so the player/agent can put pressure on from their side, too. In any event that's a move that will only see the selling club relent at the last possible minute.

TL;DR: Wait until deadline day before cryarsing you maniacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.