Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think we have now turned our full attention to the loan market and are looking to bring in reinforcements that way rather than holding onto some forlorn hope that somebody is going to come in and offer us a big bag of cash for Moise Kean and/or James Rodriguez.

I think the club need to accept now that it is getting very late to risk working on deals that require a transfer fee that we'll only be able to pay if we manage to shift players. Better to get short term players in now that don't carry the risk of being dependent on us making sales and utilise Kean and James in particular who still has a lot to offer.

No Delph last night, not even on the bench. I'm hoping this means he could be off but he could be injured again of course.

I expected Gordon to be on the bench but he wasn't involved either. Wonder could he be off as well?
There are 3 possibilities. He's off, he's injured or he's rested because he's a big part of the managers plans. I hope to God it's not the latter.

I'd like to think we have now turned our full attention to the loan market and are looking to bring in reinforcements that way rather than holding onto some forlorn hope that somebody is going to come in and offer us a big bag of cash for Moise Kean and/or James Rodriguez.

I think the club need to accept now that it is getting very late to risk working on deals that require a transfer fee that we'll only be able to pay if we manage to shift players. Better to get short term players in now that don't carry the risk of being dependent on us making sales and utilise Kean and James in particular who still has a lot to offer.
Agree 100% with you pal.

Given the current unacceptable ratio of wages to turnover, we have a very limited choice of ways to proceed. We can't make a big-money purchase unless:

a) we make a big-money sale at the same time; or

b) we disguise it as a season-long loan with an obligation to buy next summer - hard to see why another club would agree to this.

So our only other avenues of attack are:

a) free agents;
b) very cheap buys, such as Demarai Gray;
c) loans with no obligation to purchase

The recruitment activity at the club has been absolutely awful since Martinez' second season and too many managers (plus Walsh and Brands) have spunked away far too much money on horrific transfers. We are stuck with the aftermath of this fiscal idiocy for at least another season unless we achieve at least two of:

a) massively increase commercial revenue;
b) start selling players for significant profit; or
c) finally get the payroll under control.

At least this summer has seen some positive steps in payroll control.

The point of getting James off the books is not so we can bring Coutinho in on similar wages.
No the point of getting James off the books is to get rid of a player that the manager neither likes nor rates.

But it still leaves a big hole in our squad in both quality and creativity. You either leave it unfilled, or you bring in a player like Coutinho on loan. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.