Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do share the concern that a lad who has played fewer than 20 games for Rangers would be ready to come in straight away for us, though.

Again, it's the issue with the place we've left ourselves in. A signing like this is fine if the plan was to phase Coleman out slowly. But that should have happened two-three years ago so that they'd get the time when they needed to learn and drop in and out of the side.

Now we genuinely do need starting-level quality. Maybe he is that, I don't know, but it is a worry (and it's all the fault of the recruitment department).

We can’t afford a top quality right back. There are zero available on loan.

…not sure you know the set-up at Rangers, but Tavernier is not only the first team RB he’s club captain and a real hero up there. I was in the players lounge after an Old Firm game a few seasons ago and Tavernier is the main man, a top professional and totally respected. I doubt TAA would get a game ahead of him.

These are the punts we should be taking.

I agree on that Eggs, it'd be a smart little signing if it came off. There is risk though, and really in our right-back position we shouldn't be in that position.

We need starting-level quality. Patterson has played less than 20 games for Rangers in total so this suggests it's more of a case that we're going to be using him primarily as back-up to Coleman.

Frankly, that isn't on, because we need a player to replace Coleman. This is a move which should have happened (for this type of player) 2-3 seasons ago, so that they were now ready to come in and the starting right-back after those initial seasons of rotation.

My Rangers supporting mates feedback was that he is ‘great’, ‘only 19’ and ‘wouldn’t want to lose him’. Reckons they’d want more like £10-15m to sell though.
I’d think it’ll take a fair bit more than the £5m as they seem to rate him pretty highly and when I’ve seen him he’s looked decent.

Not going to be his choice, they brought in a lot of players since January and just got kicked out of CL
A lot of talk of this , they’ve released statements saying they don’t have to but you’d suspect that’s just bluster . That said I don’t think we’ll steal him .

We can’t afford a top quality right back. There are zero available on loan.

I think there's a balance to be struck mate.

If he signs I'll be happy but it means another season of Coleman as first choice, which shouldn't be the case (for Coleman's sake as well as the team's).

I agree on that Eggs, it'd be a smart little signing if it came off. There is risk though, and really in our right-back position we shouldn't be in that position.

We need starting-level quality. Patterson has played less than 20 games for Rangers in total so this suggests it's more of a case that we're going to be using him primarily as back-up to Coleman.

Frankly, that isn't on, because we need a player to replace Coleman. This is a move which should have happened (for this type of player) 2-3 seasons ago, so that they were now ready to come in and the starting right-back after those initial seasons of rotation.

….he‘s 19, he’ll have little opportunity to play at Rangers (a good sign he’s played 20 games given Tavernier is ahead of him). I don’t see why he couldn’t be 1st choice here by the end of the season.

I think there's a balance to be struck mate.

If he signs I'll be happy but it means another season of Coleman as first choice, which shouldn't be the case (for Coleman's sake as well as the team's).

Coufal was signed by WHU for about £6 million and he's a seasoned Czech international fullback.

There are bargains you can find without breaking the bank that are also not kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.