Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the prominent Rangers fan media, one of the official club linked ones, has said the bid has been rejected. So it appears the interest is very much real. Whether or not we can afford him with the FFP restrictions is very much another matter.

Between him and Tavernier whose 1st choice for the right back slot it seems.

Could be a deal to be done here.

Does he remind you of any other players to get a sense of what kind of right back he is?

Time will tell I guess mate.

The only comparable deal on here would be Frimpong for under £10m but even he had a full season as first choice for Celtic.

It’s his best mate managing us though isn’t it.

I don’t know if they got on that well towards the end. Even if it was Carragher managing us though, Gerrard hates Everton, he won’t want to help us solve our problem position by giving us one of their top prospects for a reasonable rate unless the money men force his hand.

Between him and Tavernier whose 1st choice for the right back slot it seems.

Could be a deal to be done here.

Does he remind you of any other players to get a sense of what kind of right back he is?

He's very much in the Kieran Tierney mould. The similarities in both when at same age breaking through is staggering. Albeit one is a left back and one is a right back.

Tavernier is the club captain there and has been excellent for a couple of years, I think any other position and Patterson plays, I also think that Patterson should be playing now, ahead of Tav, as his performances last season when Tav was out justifies.

As I said, the bid appears to be very much real, given the Rangers linked fan media account comments, but I'd imagine it'll take far more than 5million to get it done.

The only comparable deal on here would be Frimpong for under £10m but even he had a full season as first choice for Celtic.

I was just thinking how regarded he is at Rangers that £5m would be low in their estimation. Personally I would of liked this right back situation sorted far earlier.

Would Gerrard let a decent player come to us? His bitterness knows no bounds.

I don’t know if they got on that well towards the end. Even if it was Carragher managing us though, Gerrard hates Everton, he won’t want to help us solve our problem position by giving us one of their top prospects for a reasonable rate unless the money men force his hand.
Gerrard will do what is good for rangers. Do you really think he would disrupt his own plans and future just to poke Everton in the eye? It makes no sense. If the offer is good, they will sell and if it's not, they won't

Status
Not open for further replies.