Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems fairly obvious that we have money to spend but are up against the limits imposed by FFP.

Our payroll is way too high - too many non-contributing players on big salaries - and we have spent very big money on incoming transfers over the last three years whilst completely failing to sell anyone on for any significant fee.

Somebody posted the links to ours and Villa's payrolls a page or two back, we need to shift Bernard (£120k per week), Gomes (£100k per week) and Delph (£80k per week) as a matter of urgency. The same link explains why Mina might be sold if the right offer came in (he's on £120k per week) and why Moise Kean and Iwobi may yet stay (both on £50k per week) IF the manager can find a way for them to contribute.
It shouldn't be too hard to find a way for Kean to contribute. We need more goals and he's a goalscorer.

Good article from the echo there.

Bernard is off, the club actively involved in getting rid of Delph, Kenny, and Tosun but it’ll be difficult to punt the latter due to injury.

We’re happy to sell James and Kean if suitable offers come in, and Richarlison if a big bid comes in but that isn’t expected.
It would be unwise for the club to spend sizeable sums of money on transfers and wages when the likes of the top four are on the books - we need a clear out.

We can't lump money on new players and end up being over stretched if they are still taking a wage.

Pretty much what can go wrong has gone wrong this Summer

However Moshiri has provided funds each year he has been here and he will do so again this Summer. He’s not going to bring Benitez in, knowing how unpopular it is, and then set him up to fail by giving him no money for transfers
You are absolutely correct , this has been the summer of hell for Evertonians ;

Get the fat kopite as manager no one , well almost no one , wanted.
Not selling any of the 5/6 players we all want rid of .
No signings of note.
What we can't talk about.

But do you know what , I have a ridiculous feeling that we will do well next season.

Ok I might change my mind after the the first 6 games , but Everton that!

It seems fairly obvious that we have money to spend but are up against the limits imposed by FFP.

Our payroll is way too high - too many non-contributing players on big salaries - and we have spent very big money on incoming transfers over the last three years whilst completely failing to sell anyone on for any significant fee.

Somebody posted the links to ours and Villa's payrolls a page or two back, we need to shift Bernard (£120k per week), Gomes (£100k per week) and Delph (£80k per week) as a matter of urgency. The same link explains why Mina might be sold if the right offer came in (he's on £120k per week) and why Moise Kean and Iwobi may yet stay (both on £50k per week) IF the manager can find a way for them to contribute.
I'd be offloading Townsend too if he's on £80k pw

Not too sure when the transfer window closes but let’s judge the summer window when it does and see who has gone out and who has come in . Madrid selling Verane and trying to off load another few players , they may just make a bid for Richy . If we were to get a bid if 75 plus million would you take it ? I think I would given more than likely he’ll be off next summer I suspect . Getting Bernard off the wages and if we could get Delph off it too ( how I’d love that !! ) would certainly help . Do think there is money there .. We may unfortunately miss out on our pursuit of Bailey which would be a shame as I rate him highly . We still require a starting RB . Ok Dumfries seems to be up in the air but is that maybe Riola is playing hard ball as he wants to get Kean out of the club and might be trying to push the clubs hand to allow him to leave on loan ? Who knows but I do suspect that over the next few weeks there may be a few surprises both in and out !!’

^^^^
This all day long. Super agents are like tantrum children if they don't get their way and have too much control. They are serving their own best interests (£££) first, and not necessarily the interests if their clients.

Unfortunately Raiola holds most of the aces against us in the Dumfries case, even though it seems Brands has a good relationship with the player too.

I think James needs to stay. Who cares if he goes on a free at the end of the season? He showed last season that he’s on a different level to the rest of the team. It’s easy to point out any short comings but his better qualities are far in excess of what anyone else on the team has about them.

I have no idea how much but what is James worth to the club from a marketing/merchandising perspective? Is it anywhere near the transfer fee we could get now or how much of his wages would this cover over the remainder of his contract?

I think James needs to stay. Who cares if he goes on a free at the end of the season? He showed last season that he’s on a different level to the rest of the team. It’s easy to point out any short comings but his better qualities are far in excess of what anyone else on the team has about them.
the difficulty for James is there's probably only a handful of clubs that could afford him, and by that i mean could afford to pay a player significant wages fully aware you'll maybe get 20 games at best from him a season.... and those clubs that can afford to throw money like that on a luxury player like that probably don't need him. I'm not saying he'll stay but it might be in his best interest to give us another season whilst the football economy recovers a bit from Covid and then next season he can head to the States or something on a massive wage and see out his last couple of years as a superstar over there.

I have no idea how much but what is James worth to the club from a marketing/merchandising perspective? Is it anywhere near the transfer fee we could get now or how much of his wages would this cover over the remainder of his contract?
He’s one of those players that needs to feel appreciated though. He came here from Madrid to play under Carlo and know he’s first name on the team sheet when fit. I don’t think he’ll get that from Benitez given their past relationship but who knows.

Would like to keep him and see him play 10 every week but wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves us.

I can imagine it’s a case of we have £40 million to spend on a right back and right winger.

in this case we were probably hoping for £15m on Dumfries and then £25m on Bailey/McNeil.

as clubs have increased prices they want, we are now looking at other options within our budget but I’d we mange to sell I.e kean we will push the button on our first choices

Lad if we had money we would be spending it. Dumfries has been sitting their ready to be bought. His coach has come out so many times stating he’s leaving, he’s £15-£20m and we still haven’t made an offer, even tho very good sources have said we’re interested.
Have we reached or are about to reach a cut off day shortly when you can't buy again for several months.... a wondow closing, if you will.

Is it today, tomorrow or this weekend ?

Nobody was aware of our interest in Townsend, Begovic and Gray and suddenly we were ar medical stage.

We have heard of links with Dumfries, Bailey, Chekweze and McNeill ,Koulibal ,Lenglet but they could all be genuine enquiries or just fanciful media rumours.

You are absolutely correct , this has been the summer of hell for Evertonians ;

Get the fat kopite as manager no one , well almost no one , wanted.
Not selling any of the 5/6 players we all want rid of .
No signings of note.
What we can't talk about.

But do you know what , I have a ridiculous feeling that we will do well next season.

Ok I might change my mind after the the first 6 games , but Everton that!
I thought it was the end of the world when we sold Rooney many years a go. I'm sure we ended up getting top 4 that season. So there is always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.