Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is actually scary to look at the squad and realise just how many of those players offer nothing at all and will still likely be on the books after the transfer window ends!

Kenny, Baningame, Delph, Iwobi, Tosun, Sigurdsson, Gomes, Davies

That's not even talking about Seamus, Holgate, Gordon, Kean who are either finished, simply not good enough or don't want to be here.

Good article from the echo there.

Bernard is off, the club actively involved in getting rid of Delph, Kenny, and Tosun but it’ll be difficult to punt the latter due to injury.

We’re happy to sell James and Kean if suitable offers come in, and Richarlison if a big bid comes in but that isn’t expected.

Benfica have enquired about Gomes but he’s looked good in training so far. I’d still 100% sell him if an offer of £10m+ came in.

Youngsters Markelo and Beningime will both almost certainly go.

James is boss but I suspect he’ll leave. Rich will stay another year, and I can’t see PSG coughing up for Kean but I’d like it if they did.
When i read about Gomes with Benfica interested, i hope Brands can do a swap deal there with the Nunes kid.
IF Benitez is serious about injecting more pace in the team Gomes must go.
FFS Brands if you read this DO IT !!!

Echo seems all in, on how skint we are and only looking to sell, seems all across all media really.

Is this not the case every year....then we go out and spend decenta mounts ?? Or do we think its different this time ?

Seems more to me about cuttng the wagebill to me, the waste.

the difficulty for James is there's probably only a handful of clubs that could afford him, and by that i mean could afford to pay a player significant wages fully aware you'll maybe get 20 games at best from him a season.... and those clubs that can afford to throw money like that on a luxury player like that probably don't need him. I'm not saying he'll stay but it might be in his best interest to give us another season whilst the football economy recovers a bit from Covid and then next season he can head to the States or something on a massive wage and see out his last couple of years as a superstar over there.

I’m talking purely from an Everton perspective. He’ll be a superstar wherever he goes. There’s plenty of teams in the world that could afford him but they may not want him nor would he want to go. The number of games is a problem but when he plays he’s our best player - simple as that. I’m not for getting rid of our best players. The club will have budgeted for him being here so let’s just keep him, if it doesn’t work out so be it.

I have no idea how much but what is James worth to the club from a marketing/merchandising perspective? Is it anywhere near the transfer fee we could get now or how much of his wages would this cover over the remainder of his contract?
Haven’t w clue.

We should keep him on football ability alone. The other stuff is just a bonus. If it doesn’t work out on the pitch that’s fair enough.

When i read about Gomes with Benfica interested, i hope Brands can do a swap deal there with the Nunes kid.
IF Benitez is serious about injecting more pace in the team Gomes must go.
FFS Brands if you read this DO IT !!!
Do you mean the young striker nunez? Never seen him play but heard good things.

Echo seems all in, on how skint we are and only looking to sell, seems all across all media really.

Is this not the case every year....then we go out and spend decenta mounts ?? Or do we think its different this time ?

What’s landed us in this position is our complete inability to sell players for the past 3 years. Loaning players out until the end of their contracts is not sustainable.

It was actually a pretty informative piece for once from the Echo. Didn't necessarily say we were skint, but didn't say we weren't either. It just said we wanted to sell quite a lot of players, but that's probably pretty obvious. There are an awful lot of players we need to let go. We probably need to be sensible about the fees we ask for because we need to take what is available, especially for players in their final year.

Status
Not open for further replies.