Godfrey
Mina
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
James
DCL
Richarlison
which would leave us 2 short of a good starting XI.
the oft noted RB, CB, and MF need adding though! and this is not a squad......
The attack is much better than what Benitez has had in the recent past. The defense his is forte, irrespective of how good the players are individually.

The squad is a top 8 on paper...

Expecting the usual, as ive posted on here as months. But my expectations are built from decades following our club and if we keep behaving the same we will continue to get the same results.
My question was, if we want to progress beyond then why follow the same pattern every summer?
Do you feel different?

Rodriguez, Allan, doucoure, Godfrey and nkounkou was a decent summer last time round. If we can add four first team players and a good young player this time round I’d be happy. No matter how rich the owner is we can’t just keep adding players to the wage bill of what is already the highest wages to turnover in the league. Bernard, delph, iwobi, and tosun as a four cost us about 16 million a year in wages, until players like that are gone from the club well not be able to keep buying.

Sorry but none of this relates to a back up goalkeeper role at all!

We got Olsen on loan as he wasn't doing much else at the time, gave him some game time to get in the shop window, he was never coming here to play second fiddle to Pickford, he is the first choice goalie of a solid international side.

Back up goalie is always a tough role to fill as it's not a role that people enjoy doing.

Pickford probably just improved last year because he got his head together a bit. He was seeing a sports psychologist.
Right. And the fact that he was actually dropped for a competent keeper for the first time in his Everton career had nothing to do with the sharpening of his focus. Sports psychologists can't solve everything you know.

Ukrainian player in hotel at Heathrow ... Everton official met him and his agent

I will know more in a bit.
batman-chin-rub.gif

We can't spend significantly until we sell
So we are screwed then? We are weakened if we sell are sellable players, and in my opinion that would be a short list, the rest of the squad we would like to get rid of are virtually unsellable. Not a good position to be in :(

Status
Not open for further replies.