Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we happy as a club waiting on all others before making moves, or are we not meant to have a billionaire owner with a multi billionaire best friend that wants us to push on above the likes of Villa/Wolves/West Ham?
We are in a position where a lot of clubs are struggling financially due to covid while our owners wealth has increased but we dont seem to be in a rush to do anything different than we've done every year before, while expecting better results.

Agreed again. Need nearly a new team if I am honest
I would think we could muddle through with

Pickford
Godfrey
Mina
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
James
DCL
Richarlison
which would leave us 2 short of a good starting XI.
the oft noted RB, CB, and MF need adding though! and this is not a squad......

I would think we could muddle through with

Pickford
Godfrey
Mina
Digne
Allan
Doucoure
James
DCL
Richarlison
which would leave us 2 short of a good starting XI.
the oft noted RB, CB, and MF need adding though! and this is not a squad......
Noted. But I would prefer not to muddle through but compete. Been muddling through for years and it is not good enough

We got Olsen last year. He isn't a world-beater but was considerably better than what we normally have for a no.2 - that should be the standard we are aiming for.

It's no wonder we never achieve anything when even fans are so ready to accept mediocrity/poor players by making excuses for the board. Every time people complain about wanting better, we are called cry-arses etc. No wonder we are so poor. Not even our own supporters have any standards. We are supposed to be the toughest group of all to please, but our fans accept anything.

And there's always an excuse for the acceptance of mediocrity. . .

Sorry but none of this relates to a back up goalkeeper role at all!

We got Olsen on loan as he wasn't doing much else at the time, gave him some game time to get in the shop window, he was never coming here to play second fiddle to Pickford, he is the first choice goalie of a solid international side.

Back up goalie is always a tough role to fill as it's not a role that people enjoy doing.

Pickford probably just improved last year because he got his head together a bit. He was seeing a sports psychologist.

Are we happy as a club waiting on all others before making moves, or are we not meant to have a billionaire owner with a multi billionaire best friend that wants us to push on above the likes of Villa/Wolves/West Ham?
We are in a position where a lot of clubs are struggling financially due to covid while our owners wealth has increased but we dont seem to be in a rush to do anything different than we've done every year before, while expecting better results.
Honestly not sure what you’re expecting. We’ll sign players and we’ll improve for sure but right now we need to get rid of the deadwood, paying out far too much in wages and we need to cut our people like delph and Bernard etc and then replace the wages with first team players.

Honestly not sure what you’re expecting. We’ll sign players and we’ll improve for sure but right now we need to get rid of the deadwood, paying out far too much in wages and we need to cut our people like delph and Bernard etc and then replace the wages with first team players.
And who is going to take 100k a week Delph and 150k a week bernard off our hands exactly?

Expecting the usual, as ive posted on here as months. But my expectations are built from decades following our club and if we keep behaving the same we will continue to get the same results.
My question was, if we want to progress beyond then why follow the same pattern every summer?
Do you feel different?

Status
Not open for further replies.