Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of news outlets regurgitating a story from the Telegraph stating that we are prepared to sell 6 players this summer; Gomes, Delph, Bernard, Tosun, Rodriguez and Mina. I'm not sure on the Telegraph and their source for this. I would say that selling Gomes, Delph, Bernard and Tosun would come as a surprise to no one. Gomes has not been in the first 11 really since his bad injury a few seasons ago, really he has been a bench player, except for when we have had injuries. Delph has hardly played since he arrived and been "injured" for most of the time. Bernard nearly left in January, Tosun has spent as much time injured and on loan as he has at the club and available.

With Mina, he was linked with a move away last season, after the January window closed there was a story that he wanted to go back to Spain or go to Italy in the summer. The question will be does anyone want him for what we would accept as a transfer, what would we want? £25m? we would probably need to spend £35m on Koulibaly to replace him, or £50m on Ben White, or £35m on Lenglet.

With James he has been linked with AC Milan and possibly some sort of swap deal with Leao, but that seems dead now as it was reported that Leao wants to stay in Milan and Milan seem to be in for Vlasic. If you look at James goals and goal contributions he will be hard to replace in the side.

I think most of us were hoping for some sort of summer clear out and I for one would be fine with Gomes, Delph, Bernard and Tosun going (though I think becasue of Tosuns injury it will be a loan at the end of the window). I think for the other two we would need decent offers for both of them and very good replacements.

https://www.[Publication is blackli...among-six-big-earners-that-can-leave-everton/
I would guess that Lenglet will be a lot less than £35m, some places (on Twitter, so probably jarg) have quoted prices as low as €15m.

How much are we willing to spend to get him? What's our ceiling?

Have we offered a straight up €35m or is it incentivized?

Are we actively looking at other CBs if we don't get him, what is 'plan B,C,D?' or is it a case of we are interested because he's available.

£35 mil/40 mil Euros was our opening offer. From what I gather we could go up to around £45 mil/52 mil Euros. They want 70 mil Euros.

There has been interest from other clubs including Bayern, Liverpool and Man Utd, but they're not prepared to go above what we're currently offering.

Koulibaly has stated that he wishes to work with Rafael again and is seeking a move elsewhere. Napoli are under huge pressure this season as their payroll is far far too big, so Koulibaly will more than likely leave in my opinion and they are simply playing hardball.

I'm not aware of any other CBs we're looking at, at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.