Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind if Carlo wants another CB if he doesn't rate one of our four. It's not like anyone has put together a full season. Godfrey has all of the tools and I think that he and Mina could be a perfect combo if they have time to gel. The problem with Mina is he can't stay healthy. Keane was massive in the first half of this season, but does not seem to have gotten over his confidence issues. Holgate is having a very up and down season and shouldn't be relied upon.

But it can't be a priority in terms of money allocation. Our depth has been strained at every other position more than CB.

More getting the best out of what you’ve got.

plenty of other managers... you know like Big Sam.

No but I don't think there would be this idea that he needs "top talent" to make us a competent side
Lol at Allardyce.

Big Igmeister, Herr Moyes was widely considered to not be able to push us on because he couldn't recruit sufficient quality or quantity with the resources we had back then. Any manager needs quality.

Lol at Allardyce.

Big Igmeister, Herr Moyes was widely considered to not be able to push us on because he couldn't recruit sufficient quality or quantity with the resources we had back then. Any manager needs quality.
Which were no resources?

We need to be able to go past the level of the individuals in our team.

It's a problem that we feel the manager needs a top team to function as it is unlikely we are going to have a top team inside of maybe 3 or 4 years
I get your point, the football has been dross bar the first few games (even then we conceded a few).

but Carlo gets next season at the very very least, he’s been here for 2 mins. Chopping and changing isn’t helping, stick by Carlo

It's a problem that we feel the manager needs a top team to function as it is unlikely we are going to have a top team inside of maybe 3 or 4 years
Ah, see, that's an interesting point. How do you define a top team.

Moyes, IMHO, didn't quite have a top team at Everton. But he did, over time build a very good one. He managed resources well. But let's not forget, he punted a lot of tat too.

Ancelotti needs more quality and / or reliable performers undoubtedly. If Koeman hadn't brought it on himself, I'd have felt more for him with the squad he ended up with. Now, let's not mistake this for me calling for galticos, but for better than what we have in many positions. Or options / alternatives.

Part of this is ageing players (Coleman) and / or lack of genuine cover (last time we had proper lb competition? for example). There's still the combination of absolute muck in this squad from previous recruitment combined with the talented serial dissapointers (say Hello Siggy, Gomes et al).

But frankly, I'd say the same for any manager dealt this card.

I get your point, the football has been dross bar the first few games (even then we conceded a few).

but Carlo gets next season at the very very least, he’s been here for 2 mins. Chopping and changing isn’t helping, stick by Carlo
He'll have been here for a season and a half by the end of the year. That is imo a lot of time to start seeing changes but honestly we're not far off what Silva was serving up at the end except that we now have James sometimes.

He'll have been here for a season and a half by the end of the year. That is imo a lot of time to start seeing changes but honestly we're not far off what Silva was serving up at the end except that we now have James sometimes.
Linked to my previous post, Moyes served up some bad football at times. It was only when he started bring in better players, often for a steal, we looked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.