Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would these couple of tits in centre midfield be an upgrade on our current options?
uk35AZkRSvQR.gif

Centre back is the last thing we need. Keane and Mina first choice. Godfrey back up and cover at left back. Holgate 4th choice and cover at right back. Branthwaite developing.

The only way we need a centre half is by selling, and only Holgate should be available for sale.

If central defence is our priority this summer and not right back then we have learned nothing from previous years. We needed a right back under Martinez and here we are still waiting for the Coleman replacement.
Keane & Mina means we have to keep playing a deep line , while Godfrey has still a lot to learn. He will be one of our 2 CB’s moving forward.

Mina also has only 2yrs left, so a big decision needs to be made, I like Mina, but he’s on top dollar and a new deal wouid mean an even bigger salary. And that would be him amd Keane on long Term deals into their 30’s.

Some fans think we have been good defensively, but I’m not of the same thinking. Ok when we’ve played the 4 CB’s and defended deep, with all 11 men behind. We’ve done well, but as soon as we open up and try and play a bit more on the front foot, we look like we are all over the place.

For me a CB. Is just as important as all the other potions this summer.
back up keeper, RB, CB, CM, RW and another striker/wide forward

That’s 6 players. If the club is really serious about kicking on.

Thing is that's your view though mate, Ancelotti may not see it the same, we have chopped and changed so much this season that we have no idea how he actually wants the team to setup down the line. Just need to go with it for the moment it's just rumours at the moment tbh.
Sure just for me you win more games by actually controlling possession and being threatening we can't do that without mobility and pace. Yes a leader at the back would be nice and maybe that's why Mina has been frozen out lately maybe he is on his way and Carlo is bringing his own man in. I just don't see it as our number one need when we have a 33 year old right back, a midfield stuck in quicksand and not one winger with genuine direct pace.

GK (competition for JP)
RB
CM
RF/RW
ST (assuming Kean is sold).

That's our 5 targets for the summer. They have to be the right players with aggression, pace and hunger. We have Ancelotti as manager so could we please give him what he needs.
Agree with this 100%.

We have a manger who needs to correct tools to win stuff but if we aren’t giving him them it why didn’t we get Moyes back.

Back him.

Pretty certain we won't be signing players without Ancelotti approving of it beforehand. He's previously spoken about his relationship with Brands and they'll both give the green light before we bring someone in. I highly doubt the club are going behind his back and just buying players without his knowledge.

If we bring a CB in it's because Carlo has requested one.

Off the top of my head - players we could have signed in the championship in the last 7 or so years... that would have improved our squad to the point of picking up vital points this season:
Grealish
Madison
Maguire
Olly watkins
Matty cash
Bowens
quarter of the wolves, Leeds and Brighton

add Godfrey, dcl to the list. There are rich pickings at that level

Just had a look of Championship teams of the year from around the point we stopped buying from there (when we got money) so around 2014-2015

Kasper Schmeichel
Kieran Trippier
Aaron Cresswell
Danny Drinkwater (i know hes tosh now,but did win the league at Leiceser)
Danny Ings
Lewis Dunk
Ryan Sessegnon
James Maddison
Ruben Neves

Yes would be surprised if Spurs shelled out that much. Can’t see City or Utd being in for him given their options. Could be the player wants to assess his options and we’re looking at backup plans.
I just think it's the fact that it's a very high asking price for a player who's output (so far) does'nt in any way match the price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.