Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really no just have a different opinion to you by the look of it but if you’re going to call everyone who sees it different a cryarse then you’re going to get a bit back aren’t you. Seems to be plenty who think any criticism of the club or team is an outrage and we all have to think everything’s rosy because we best Huddersfield reserves 2-1.
I think you’re conflating a number of different issues.

On the Kean matter specifically there are a great number of posters who spend the window moaning we can’t get rid then, when we do, they moan about the terms on which we do it.

They refuse to take into account economic factors such as a lack of interest in him from elsewhere, and a lot of people - after diminishing Kean’s achievements as being in a farmer’s league - will now cite those same achievements as a reason Brands should have got us a better deal.

If you are going to moan about ANY issue while ignoring the facts of the matter, and in a lot of cases contradicting yourself in so doing, you’re a cryarse. That’s true regardless of whether the opinion you land on is in line with mine or not.

In the interests of balance and for clarity, here is my opinion:

The lad doesn’t want to be here and so it is in our interests to get rid as opposed to keeping a player who is likely not to perform/pull his tripe out while his value diminishes further; I’d like us to sell for a chunky wedge immediately but that won’t happen. In the absence of more than one suitor, we have very little leverage in this case beyond cutting our nose off to spite our face. Loan with an OTB ticks a few boxes, which is the best we can hope for - Wages off the books, loan fee to offset against losses causing us FFP grief and (hopefully - I’m guessing) the contingent income from the OTB (as long as the factors on which they’re payable aren’t too likely to occur) may be able to be offset against losses also. Would need a better accountant than me to verify.

At this point in time I'd be prepared to believe any of the squad are going in the next 4 days.

That team sheet and sub bench is a shocker.

He would surely be coming to play right back?
he’s more of wing back isn’t he? Either way, he did decent on loan at West Brom but he’s definitely a midfielder ‘who can do a job’ at RB/RWB. All that being said, he’s always been decent when I’ve watched him (which isn’t a lot admittedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.