Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather keep him too but if he doesn't want to play for us and someone is prepared to pay some of his wages as part of the transfer of an exciting younger talent. Why not reduce the wage bill slightly and get what must be a bad egg out the door?
James isn't a bad egg. At all.

But if we can move him on, fine. But given our options, I'm sorry, we should not be paying James to play for another club. At all.

It's a succession of these decisions which keep coming back to haunt us, and it's why our DoF is so utterly useless at getting players out of the door.

We spent all last season paying Theo Walcott £5m to play for Southampton. I can just about stomach that with a player of that quality, but not with a player of James' quality. It's not like we've got Bernardo Silva and Kevin De Bruyne to call on is it.

I didn't know we were playing Huddersfield or Brighton until I looked it up. Right now I haven't a clue who our next League game is after Brighton. Does that make me a bad miff? Why should he have known if he hadn't been included in any of the build up

It certainly does my son. A good Evertonian should be able to recite the seasons fixture list whilst being waterboarded in a filthy dungeon.

God bless.

It would be but surely Juve arent mental enough to gurantee money to a liability like Kean.

They really rate him and think he's only going to improve.

It hasn't worked for him here, doesn't mean it won't work for him elsewhere. It worked for him in France.

It's a curious case, Kean. He's basically a player who needs to play for a club that can always put 2-3 genuine forwards on the pitch, because that's the system he suits. Those teams tend to be the better teams, so it's actually always going to be the case that from a club like us, we could only sell/loan upwards in the pyramid.

He isn't a bad player but he definitely doesn't fit here unless we're going to start playing three strikers which, we aren't.

Loan with obligation to buy is fine, Kevin. The fee would kick in in this accounting year (more than likely, it'd be the only reason to do it) so it would still give us leeway (hence the money for Diaz).

However, paying James Rodriguez in any capacity to play for any other club other than ourselves is complete idiocy of the highest order.
He is part of the deal for getting Diaz. It really depends how he does in the PL.

Rodriguez had silky skills, but lost the ball so many times in dangerous positions. He gets crowded out.

He is part of the deal for getting Diaz. It really depends how he does in the PL.

Rodriguez had silky skills, but lost the ball so many times in dangerous positions. He gets crowded out.
I mean this happened maybe 2 or 3 times all season.

We literally have other players who can't pass forwards.

I can get the arguments against James. Lack of pace, energy and fitness. All agreed there. And for that reason he probably doesn't suit right now and given his wages we need those freed up. But it's revisionism in the extreme to suddenly say an issue was he lost the ball a lot :D

We’ve played 3 games this season and have created more chances in those games than we ever did with that fraud strolling about. He is not a creative player.
I won't argue with that because he only gave us 1 good game in 5 at best, which was a poor return. But in that 1 game he showed what he was capable of which made it more frustrating.

I mean this happened maybe 2 or 3 times all season.

We literally have other players who can't pass forwards.

I can get the arguments against James. Lack of pace, energy and fitness. All agreed there. And for that reason he probably doesn't suit right now and given his wages we need those freed up. But it's revisionism in the extreme to suddenly say an issue was he lost the ball a lot :D
I find your unconditional love of James to be a bit odd at this point mate. You're kidding yourself if you think he didn't lose the ball often. He gave me the same feeling Tom Davies does at times.

Getting shut of an expensive player?

I think the burden of proof lies with anyone saying it'd be down to Brands.
Why would the burden of proof be with those who are arguing that the man who's been brought in specifically for transfers (Brands), is actually the one in charge of transfers?

The burden of proof lies with you to suggest the man whos been brought in specifically to MANAGE, is taking charge of transfers.

You're reaching, in favour of your Benitez bias.

Loan with obligation to buy is fine, Kevin. The fee would kick in in this accounting year (more than likely, it'd be the only reason to do it) so it would still give us leeway (hence the money for Diaz).

However, paying James Rodriguez in any capacity to play for any other club other than ourselves is complete idiocy of the highest order.

but what if paying that wage would get us a cheaper transfer fee for Diaz?

Status
Not open for further replies.