Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sort of agree, but the type of creativity you're talking about costs an awful lot of money. James' flaws are well-known, but I will miss him.

Sig I don't really agree with tbh - Iwobi isn't everyone's cup of tea, but take set pieces out of the equation and Iwobi is a more creative player than Sig. The stats are pretty clear on this.

We will effectively be a much more threatening team on the counter this season, but we are sacrificing the open play creativity of James to achieve this. I understand the logic behind it, but whether Benitez is right or not we won't know until May.
Why take set pieces out of the equation. They are an important part of the game. I bet Southampton would have been relegated last year but for JWPs set pieces.

Agreed if James go I don't see where our creativity comes from. I'm all for huff, puff and pace but if you need to pick a lock that isn't going to work.
It's going to be pace down the wings and crosses into the box for DCL and hopefully Richarlison. Forget playmakers.

He's a genuine world class player. Something you rarely see at Everton. Past his best due to injury and fitness but when on his game is beautiful to watch. I enjoyed having him for 12 months and I hate the way so many fans have turned against him just to appease a new manager
I've not turned against him, I just think he's a luxury that we can't afford. I really looked forward to seeing him play but I look forward more to seeing the team play well. I am always reminded of Alf Ramsey telling Jack Charlton that he doesn't necessarily pick the best players, just the best fit for the team. It's all about the team, not the individual player.

Our set pieces have been hopeless this season mind. Thought Townsend might be decent but his corners were a joke the other night.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles is a surprise. I didn't think Arsenal would be letting him go on a permanent even. He's got pace, energy and work rate. Importantly, he can be a ball carrier from right back and through the middle.

Hope that comes off.

Diaz for James? Yes please. The next generation of superstars. I saw him in the Copa and the lad looked dynamite.

Keeping James wouldn't be terrible either.

Hopefully the Eduouard talk is true. Could be the next Lukaku for us. Pace, power, and finishing ability.

Have him over Rondon for sure.

If these three deals come off, we'll be looking good for this season. Top six contenders. Vault me.

Status
Not open for further replies.