Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it comes to a choice of the 2 it's obviously Diaz. But the point is you still need to replace James in the squad. Diaz doesn't really do that.
What's all the obsession with JR? There's not been such a fuss since the other one was shot in Dallas. Or was that JFK? Anyway, we're not doing too badly without him so he won't be missed by me for one.

With the transfer window going into overdrive here are the rumours doing the rounds this morning.

Everton are demanding £85m for former Watford player Richarlison. (Star)

Paris St-Germain will try to sign Everton's Brazil forward Richarlison, 24, if they agree a deal to sell France World Cup winner Kylian Mbappe, 22, to Real Madrid. (Sky Sports)

Speaking on the Transfer Window Podcast,
journalist Duncan Castles (prick) has shared what Kia Joorabchian (knobhead) has told Everton about Richarlison.

Joorabchian isn’t Richarlison’s agent, but it’s a well-known fact that the super-agent has a very close relationship with the Toffees

Castles claims Joorabchian has told the Merseyside club that there is a club that wants to sign Richarlison, and that they should be prepared for an offer.

Everton have contacted Celtic about a deal for French forward Odsonne Edouard, 23. (Sky Sports)

Rafael Benitez is keen to poach a striker from fellow Premier League side Brighton but could be denied the opportunity due to financial constraints at Everton.

According to Sky Sports [Transfer Centre], Everton are keen on signing Neal Maupay from the Seagulls as they look top provide competition for Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Joaquin Correa has offered an indication as to why he turned down Premier League side Everton before joining Inter Milan in a £25 million deal on Thursday, speaking to InterTV via Sempre Inter.

According to Alfredo Pedulla,
Everton struck an agreement with Lazio for the skilful Argentina international.

But Correa was always holding out for Inter, rebuffing the Toffees in favour of a reunion with former Biancocelesti coach Simone Inzaghi at the San Siro.

“I wanted so much to come here and being here means a lot. I really want to help and show what I can do. “(The presence of Inzaghi) is important. It certainly weighed a lot (on my mind). I had many offers but I chose to play for the coach again.”

Sergio Conceicao has suggested that Luis Diaz will stay at Porto despite claims linking the Porto winger with a move to Everton in exchange with James Rodriguez, while speaking to O Jogo.

With Rafael Benitez keen to move on from a player he has frozen out once in his career already – the Spaniard and the Colombian endured a rather frosty relationship at Real Madrid – you can see why Everton have reached out to the Primeira Liga giants to inform them of James’ availability (Echo).

Everton have identified Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles as their latest target to bolster the right-back department, (Sky Sports reports.)

I agree Diaz is more of a long term replacement for Richy.

But with due respect to the players you mentioned none of them come remotely close to replacing the creativity that James brings, or Siggy for that matter.

To go into the season with such a lack of creativity in the squad is stupid in my opinion
We’ve.changed the style of play and we haven’t missed them. Not one bit.

We are using a more aggressive fast attacking approach to open up teams.

I agree Diaz is more of a long term replacement for Richy.

But with due respect to the players you mentioned none of them come remotely close to replacing the creativity that James brings, or Siggy for that matter.

To go into the season with such a lack of creativity in the squad is stupid in my opinion

I sort of agree, but the type of creativity you're talking about costs an awful lot of money. James' flaws are well-known, but I will miss him.

Sig I don't really agree with tbh - Iwobi isn't everyone's cup of tea, but take set pieces out of the equation and Iwobi is a more creative player than Sig. The stats are pretty clear on this.

We will effectively be a much more threatening team on the counter this season, but we are sacrificing the open play creativity of James to achieve this. I understand the logic behind it, but whether Benitez is right or not we won't know until May.

Maitland-Niles you could argue is in the same position Gray was in.

He clearly has talent because he has played over 100 times for Arsenal plus 5 caps for England at right wing back.

His biggest weaknesses is also his biggest concern, his versatility

View attachment 137206

He hasn't been able to stick to a position to make his own. That could be great for us if we can offload Delph and/or Gomes.

When he went to West Brom it was under the condition of he would only play Centre Midfield and personality I was put off at that but I think he was frustrated at Arsenal and a move to a lesser club meant he could dictate what he wanted to do, here I think he would be told not asked.

A loan with option is sensible and allows us to cover the right back position short term and potentially have Maitland-Niles becoming first choice.
Getting Maitland Niles would offer more players who can offer width. For Benitez with this Everton attack it's essential that he has wide men, and injuries to Townsend or Gray would be fatal. I think he just wants to stock up on wide-men - and this one is a wing back and so addresses in some part the outstanding RB issue. Maitland~Niles is adaptable also and can be the utility player all teams need. Another point: Arteta used him to underlap when played out wide and he can offer us another threat more centrally and join in with Doucoure on breaks.

It's not ideal, but good thinking and good business if we get him on a loan.

What's all the obsession with JR? There's not been such a fuss since the other one was shot in Dallas. Or was that JFK? Anyway, we're not doing too badly without him so he won't be missed by me for one.
He's a genuine world class player. Something you rarely see at Everton. Past his best due to injury and fitness but when on his game is beautiful to watch. I enjoyed having him for 12 months and I hate the way so many fans have turned against him just to appease a new manager

So this is Benitez’s doing not Brands? I can’t keep up with who is responsible for what, is it as simple as: good transfer = Benitez; bad transfer = Brands?
Can you see an audacious move like this being hatched by that Dutch dullard?

Pace picks locks in this league. If you don't have pace you have the best lock picker in the world but you'll still struggle
I disagree I think it’s fine against a team who’s coming on to you but against a team that sits back or has good pace at the back themselves you end up just banging your head against a brick wall. I’m pleased we’ve got more pace in the side now but we look a bit one dimensional and someone like rondon would only add to that so I would like someone who can pick a pass because just legging if round at 90 miles an hour and slinging crosses in the box has its limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.