Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, and having ronaldo hamstrung them, they couldnt improve other areas like did in the past, due to ronaldo wage.

it harmed dybala progress too.

Ohhhhhhhh, sorry I get what you mean now.

It didn't seem to of hamstrung them though since Ronaldo has come in the 3 transfer windows before this one they've spent €626m. In fact that's their biggest spending period over 3 years ever.

If anythings knacked them it'll be giving players like Aaron Ramsey a £450k a week contract for him to sit in the treatment room.

It seems to me they went big starting off with the summer they signed Ronaldo and now the chickens have come home to roost and their in the toilet financially because of it.

Personally I never think that the lad who's scoring over 100 goals in 3 years is the problem at a club and if you scratch the surface you'll see why.

So this is Benitez’s doing not Brands? I can’t keep up with who is responsible for what, is it as simple as: good transfer = Benitez; bad transfer = Brands?
I can't imagine Brands not taking the manager's opinion, on potential signings, as being anything other than of critical importance. I think Gray or Townsend were certainly under Benitez's directions to get a squad to shift to his playing style asap and set a tone for what he expects from the existing players.

Probably the same for Begovic, a known PL pro as number 2 given Pickford is automatically on the team sheet under normal circumstances.

James out is pure Benitez. Just as getting him was all Ancelotti. Brands just did (is doing) the paperwork on that one.

Diaz in though. I'm not sure who is responsible for this. A decent DoF would have an eye on him, as would a wiley old manager like Benitez. I'd be generous and say this player ticks the boxes of both club under current management and the long term interest of the club. It's just a shame that the stars haven't seemed to align like that gir a while - all newcomers to the club and league are gambles but this one looks to have favourable odds.

I can't imagine Brands not taking the manager's opinion, on potential signings, as being anything other than of critical importance. I think Gray or Townsend were certainly under Benitez's directions to get a squad to shift to his playing style asap and set a tone for what he expects from the existing players.

Probably the same for Begovic, a known PL pro as number 2 given Pickford is automatically on the team sheet under normal circumstances.

James out is pure Benitez. Just as getting him was all Ancelotti. Brands just did (is doing) the paperwork on that one.

Diaz in though. I'm not sure who is responsible for this. A decent DoF would have an eye on him, as would a wiley old manager like Benitez. I'd be generous and say this player ticks the boxes of both club under current management and the long term interest of the club. It's just a shame that the stars haven't seemed to align like that gir a while - all newcomers to the club and league are gambles but this one looks to have favourable odds.
Fwiw we were linked with Diaz v early on in the summer, even before Benitez arrived.

A loan for Kean - haha, after all the hardman talk engaged in over the summer about not being held to ransom.
I presume a loan fee, wages are covered and that of there is an obligation to buy next season then it all accounts for itself financially for all involved. I believe that we need more creative ways to shift the players we want rid off. If this is the way, so be it.

lets wait and see exactly what 'loan with obligation to buy' turns out to be. Cant believe Juve are stupid enough to guarantee a transfer to some headcase who just got sent off for throttling an opponent.
Juventus are taking Big Dunc off our hands.

Brands is on fire this window.

I find your unconditional love of James to be a bit odd at this point mate. You're kidding yourself if you think he didn't lose the ball often. He gave me the same feeling Tom Davies does at times.

Tom Davies doesn't lose the ball a lot, I proved it the other day.

It's not unconditional love, he has his faults. He's also the best player we have on our books but I accept that we need to move him on. Why we need to move him on (our finances) is the issue here.

I'm fed up of Evertonians and their revisionism, though. We did it with Lukaku, did it with Richarlison last season when he had a rough patch of form.

but what if paying that wage would get us a cheaper transfer fee for Diaz?

We're paying £21-25m for Diaz according to reports which frankly for someone with 12 league goals in Portugal over two years is probably about the limit of what we should be paying anyway?

I didn't know we were playing Huddersfield or Brighton until I looked it up. Right now I haven't a clue who our next League game is after Brighton. Does that make me a bad miff? Why should he have known if he hadn't been included in any of the build up
You're not being paid 200k a week by the club to know though are you. You're a fan and are able to pick and choose what information you would like to know.

Funny how people see things differently. I mean it's as clear as crystal to me that the manager is forcing him out and has been since he walked into the club

Ever since ancelotti left james has wanted out. The fact that he came out and said he was only here because of ancelotti shows he doesn't care at all about this club. The fact he couldn't be bothered to come to goodison for our last home game just to do the lap of honor for the fans proved that to me.

I think hes an exceptional player but ill be honest I think his attitude stinks and the Colombian press seems to think the same. As well as the Colombian national team seem to be freezing him out of the squad as well. Something is going on with that lad and I dont believe its benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.