Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree with the overall point that he's not going to turn around, he was an impact sub for a vast majority of his time at Leicester wasn't he?

Looking at his entire PL stats, he's played 133 games, but in minutes, only the equivalent of 61 games.

So I suppose 21 goals and assists isn't actually TOO bad?
good illustration of how stats can lie sometimes. Minutes to goals / assists is fairer, even then doesn't tell the whole story. How many starts did he have, was he thrown on when chasing a game and got an assist, or replacing tired legs and told to track back to hold onto a win. So much behind the numbers.

Davies is miles better than Longstaff, and if we sign Longstaff then we are well and truly just trying to become as crap as possible.

Maybe Benitez really is a double agent that is still working for the RS.
If he sells James and uses it to buy Winks or Longstaff nobody will be able to convince me that he’s not on a mission to take us down

If we get Benitez I think he’ll want to sign Sean Longstaff.

Might not be true of course, but I did call this in June.
He had a handful of really good games under Benitez before getting injured. Looked a class act. Unfortunately has gone backwards and hasn’t looked anywhere near his early promise.

Isn't this one of those...let's make up a transfer story get some of my friends to say they have also heard it and see how many people we can fool?
It's from Everton News now who's stating it's just a rumour the Newcastle guy has been plagued by injuries & only has one yesr left on his contract anyway - seems very unlikely -........

You know, that’s it… aids to Everton and aids to their transfers.

It’s time to buy a Man City shirt with Grealish on the back. Boom!

Winner.

Lukaku wants back to Chelsea, step in with a gigantic bid and get him back here. No chance I know but there you are. A world class striker.
I think Lukaku didn't want to be here when he signed permanently for us and couldn't get out of here fast enough. I laugh at how he is reported to have told Inter to accept a bid from Chelsea but not actually come out and asked for a transfer, similar to Kane at Spuds. I presume that's so they can go and claim that they never asked for a transfer and so are entitled to a loyalty bonus payment!

You can say he played all of these games but how many minutes did he play is the real question I think. Someone could play 100 games but if their only being brought on in the 90th minute as a time wasting sub thats not going to be a accurate representation of their footballing ability.

Apparently hes played 7783 minutes of football across 168 games for Leicester which is about 85 full 90 minutes of football. He scored 13 goals and created 17 assists meaning he had a goal involvement of once every 259 minutes or every 2.8 matches.

If he can keep that up at everton I think he'll be a fine player and a very good buy at 1.5m personally.
While I agree with the overall point that he's not going to turn around, he was an impact sub for a vast majority of his time at Leicester wasn't he?

Looking at his entire PL stats, he's played 133 games, but in minutes, only the equivalent of 61 games.

So I suppose 21 goals and assists isn't actually TOO bad?
As an impact sub he might be fine and could contribute, who knows, could well turn out to be good business. I personally doubt it but can see why others think he’s worth a punt. No argument there.

My original point was there aren’t enough goals in this team. We didn’t have enough goal threat or goals from midfield last season and since then we’ve lost or may well lose James and Siggi from the side. I’d say swapping Townsend and Gray for that pair is probably net losing goals from the team rather than adding to it.

I’m struggling to see any of Iwobi, Gray, Townsend, Gomes, Gbamin, Doucourre, Davies, Allan getting 5 league goals. Hell, if you add their totals over the last few seasons you’re probably struggling to get five goals combined.

Don’t see an impact sub from Leicester substantially changing that situation.

As an impact sub he might be fine and could contribute, who knows, could well turn out to be good business. I personally doubt it but can see why others think he’s worth a punt. No argument there.

My original point was there aren’t enough goals in this team. We didn’t have enough goal threat or goals from midfield last season and since then we’ve lost or may well lose James and Siggi from the side. I’d say swapping Townsend and Gray for that pair is probably net losing goals from the team rather than adding to it.

I’m struggling to see any of Iwobi, Gray, Townsend, Gomes, Gbamin, Doucourre, Davies, Allan getting 5 league goals. Hell, if you add their totals over the last few seasons you’re probably struggling to get five goals combined.

Don’t see an impact sub from Leicester substantially changing that situation.

Mate, JP stays fit and he’ll be Yaya f*****g Toure. Banging them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.