Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, there is no right way and wrong way of doing it, but if you get the right manager in, it makes the DoF look like a genius. The wrong manager gets appointed and the same guy is a liability.
I think the issue is that normally with a DOF you would have them doing all the transfers, contracts, overseeing the scouting and youth stuff, generally directing all football matters and then the First Team has a coach just working all week on the training ground and picking the team. We seem to have a habit though of picking these old school manager types who want similar levels of control to what the DOF does and I think this is where some of our issues are, it would certainly explain some of the rumours in regards to people pulling in different directions at the club. The only time we ever had what I would consider to be a proper DOF setup was with Silva, it was just that Silva was a rubbish coach.

I genuinely believe the skint stories are by design so we stop getting ripped off. I think we needed to get some big wages off and we have… I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign a RB and an attacker and net spend the now traditional 50-60m.
Agree totally mate. With most clubs actually being skint (rather than us , being prevented from spending) I think that fees will plummet and we may get away with circa 40 million.

If we end this window with no right back, surely there won't be a single person left who thinks he should still have a job at Everton.
Ive said it earlier, i like Brands and I think he’s done a decent job so far. But you are absolutely right. If he leaves us without bringing in a RB for another season, he clearly doesnt understand what this team needs and should pack his bags.

True, but he has had 3 years to apprise the situation.

Yes Walsh and Koeman shoulder the blame, but Brands isnt blameless in the current situation.
I posted the other day.

The outs under Brands each summer.
18/19. 23 players.
19/20. 22 players.
20/21. 8 players up to now.

All sold , loaned or end of contracts , majority of Koeman's , Allardyces or Silva's mistakes.
Dont think he could do much more tbh.

The season is 2071, and Seamus Coleman is about to make his 50,000th appearance for Everton…

Basically we’re not signing one, and it’s gonna be a long season.

Status
Not open for further replies.