Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've spent on over half a billion in 5 years, let's not play the poor mouth here. I've no doubt we will spend more this summer. We have paid 1.5 million for 3 players that will all contribute much more than Iwobi, Klassen and Gomes who have totaled over 70m???

Was always going to come a summer of balancing the books - next summer the books look a lot better when the likes of Tosun, Delph, Siggurdsson, James are out of contract and BMD naming rights deal is in pay boosting the revenues allowing us to spend.

Unless Kean or James goes this summer was always a limited spend just got to get on with it. We'll still bring 1-2 in regardless just means waiting towards the end of the window unless one of the above leaves soon.

If the sacking is justified, ie breach of contract, gross misconduct etc and no further payment is required then obviously we make a saving on the wages for the rest of their contract. If they had any residual book value, though, I assume that’d be written off and so would be a loss that’d contribute towards the FFP (or whatever the PL equivalent is called) limit.
It actually doesnt even help us.

It does with regards FFP, but does nothing to help us with the Premier League profit and sustainability rules.

Was always going to come a summer of balancing the books - next summer the books look a lot better when the likes of Tosun, Delph, Siggurdsson, James are out of contract and BMD naming rights deal is in pay boosting the revenues allowing us to spend.

Unless Kean or James goes this summer was always a limited spend just got to get on with it. We'll still bring 1-2 in regardless just means waiting towards the end of the window unless one of the above leaves soon.
100% agree, we have managed to clear a large amount of deadwood, I still think we will shift another few and bring in 2 more. For the players we have still think we should have done better than 10th, If Kean stays and JPG the old cliché of that's like 2 new signings rings true also. We have been in much worse shape, still have a good 11 on paper.

What happens to FFP if we sack a player ?
Genuine question.
If a player is found guilty of criminal activity we can sack them and sue them ie. Chelsea and Mutu for transfer fee paid by club to said player i think.-Chelsea did and won in court Mutu had to repay transfer fee the club had paid for him but as its Everton we'll propably be told tough shoite.

100% agree, we have managed to clear a large amount of deadwood, I still think we will shift another few and bring in 2 more. For the players we have still think we should have done better than 10th, If Kean stays and JPG the old cliché of that's like 2 new signings rings true also. We have been in much worse shape, still have a good 11 on paper.

I still think Kean may go but more towards the end of the window.

Not sure with James could go either way.

If a player is found guilty of criminal activity we can sack them and sue them ie. Chelsea and Mutu for transfer fee paid by club to said player i think.-Chelsea did and won in court Mutu had to repay transfer fee the club had paid for him but as its Everton we'll propably be told tough shoite.
Mutu is the only case I'm aware of a club sueing a player, Adam Johnson was sacked by his club and Sunderland never sued him, Bosnich also was never sued by Chelsea.

I'm stunned to this day that Chelsea successfully sued Mutu.

We better sign a right back if we don't we are doing zero this season again. I mean we probably are anyway but Coleman cannot play every game and we are still weak on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.