Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever played football? The intensity of even vaguely competitive football is on a different level to training.

That's why "match fitness" is a thing.
I still play now, Achilles withstanding
Evernote knows about match fitness but,the reason we are even giving 5 or 6 kids 45 minutes is so the new boss can evaluate the squad for himself

Zat, mate. we are in no position to sign any of those players, except maybe Aarons - part of it is down to our current reputation and the other part is most of them are going to be expensive gambles, like Kean (who am sure would have been in that list and look how he has turned out). Cherki has just turned 17, the fee to get him would be huge and he would not exactly be first team ready in my opinion no matter how talented the boy might be.

We should be taking a punt on younger hungry talent, but we are not in the market for any of them.

Every signing is a risk, you never know how they'll settle regardless of how good they where at other clubs, but younger talent who would expect to use us as a stepping stone who wouldn't be ready, I can't see us going for.

Really? You dont think we could attract any of them apart from Aarons?

Or you mean we shouldnt try to attract them as theyre "expensive gambles" ?

Bailey, Guimaraes, Kamara just to randomly name 3 seem ready to me...Emerson walks into the side at Right back as well.

Theres a few on there i think we could get...Cherki is one i named as he seems like a bit of a Reinier type transfer.

Really? You dont think we could attract any of them apart from Aarons?

Or you mean we shouldnt try to attract them as theyre "expensive gambles" ?

Bailey, Guimaraes, Kamara just to randomly name 3 seem ready to me...Emerson walks into the side at Right back as well.

Theres a few on there i think we could get...Cherki is one i named as he seems like a bit of a Reinier type transfer.
Lots of revisionism going on in here this summer since the red came in. We were boss 1st half of the season, 2nd at Christmas capitulated 2nd half of the season but were still in with a shout for Europe and even Champs. League with a couple of weeks left. We need rb, rw, ball carrying midfielder and imo would have been right up there if we'd have gotten a relevant manager. Funny how loats of the benitez worshippers are persistent on midtable finish is best we can expect. Hopefully Brands hasnt had to rip up his plans to suit Benitez. Emerson, Puig and Moriba (1yr left and still refusing contract) walk into our team 50m. What youngster wouldnt want to get paid well to play in prem with, James, Richarlison, Digne, Dcl, Yerry, Allan if the elite clubs arent looking at them.

Lots of revisionism going on in here this summer since the red came in. We were boss 1st half of the season, 2nd at Christmas capitulated 2nd half of the season but were still in with a shout for Europe and even Champs. League with a couple of weeks left. We need rb, rw, ball carrying midfielder and imo would have been right up there if we'd have gotten a relevant manager. Funny how loats of the benitez worshippers are persistent on midtable finish is best we can expect. Hopefully Brands hasnt had to rip up his plans to suit Benitez. Emerson, Puig and Moriba (1yr left and still refusing contract) walk into our team 50m. What youngster wouldnt want to get paid well to play in prem with, James, Richarlison, Digne, Dcl, Yerry, Allan if the elite clubs arent looking at them.

Bewildering weve not gone in for Emerson at Barca.

no we weren't, we were boss first month or so then wildly inconsistent then terrible

Gabigol and Djed Spence and I'd be quite happy. Not flashy signings but determined handworkers, young, hungry, and have the spirit to win things for this club.
Gabigol agents apparently at the Florida cup according to this….

Not really transfer window only opened in June and international transfers only this month so we'd only to pay barca.
Last season we would have, before the 2nd June we would have, then Barca bought his outright contract for €9m. I doubt they will sell on just yet. That’s a bit of over complication when we can just go direct to a Norwich for Aarons or PSV for Dumfries

Gabigol agents apparently at the Florida cup according to this….
Still only 24 was better than Gabriel Jesus coming up but moved to Europe too early and flopped at Inter and Benfica would definitely be worth trying to get now that hes a little older hes being banging them in back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.