Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah mate that means he developed normally. Keep fighting the battle though.

Not going around in circles with this.

He was crap
Now he's decent

Not his fault he was our no1 striker but that he was and was judged ultimately on his performances/goals which both stunk the gaff out.

Its funny as he's a 1 in 4 striker pretty much same as Rondon yet if we signed Correa people will be tugging into their spare socks whereas if we sign Rondon on a free they'll be hell on.

All about ze name.
Yep, Salomon Rondon, we had two of them at my school we had to call one big Rondo and the other wee Sally.

…i liked him at Newcastle but not to the extent that I ever wanted him at Everton. He’s a decent footballer but we really need progressive signings who can take us to another level. Not sure that applies to any of our signings & certainly not Perez.

A lot depends on fee for me Eggs. If it was a loan for example, I could see a lot of sense in it, and he would improve our 11. Not dramatically so, but enough. If it was a case of spending a lot of money on him, then it's a no from me.

He has generally always scored a lot of goals for a wide player/second striker which we need more of in our team.

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 16.46.42.png

Man's got some woes.

Not going around in circles with this.

He was crap
Now he's decent

Not his fault he was our no1 striker but that he was and was judged ultimately on his performances/goals which both stunk the gaff out.

He was never crap. Hence why he kept on getting chances. We paid almost nothing for him, if he was crap he would've been easy to bomb out of the squad.

They couldn't only punish Everton and just ignore any other club that has also broken the supposed rules.
from a FFP (or whatever the Premierleague equivalent is) point of view no one has - certainly publicly broken the rules yet so we could be the first and lets not forget the whole retrospective ban for diving that we, and Niaase were made an example of for. Did anyone else get a retrospective ban? They'd love to punish one team just to show the system works and we'd be the ideal Guinee pigs.
It's not just us at risk, Villa must be close to the limit but they have Grealish who, if they need to sell will fetch 60-80+ million at the very least and they can comfortably rely on that. Likewise Spurs have a massive Kane shaped 100+ million sat there ready to be cashed in if needed.
That lot across the park seem to be able to sell their dross and unproven kids off for an insane profit (i read that they've made something like 120m from academy player sales over the last 5 years and I'd imagine not a single one of those young stars of future are playing for a top side now). United are massively in Debt but its ok because they rake in several hundred million on commercial deals and all that so they really can sign who they want. West Ham have spent quite a bit over the last few seasons so i don't know how close they are but equally i don't think they spent much last season with Moyes doing what he does best, finding good deals and loans. Maybe Wolves too might be up there but my guess is we're the ones dangerously close to the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.