Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has lost 300m in the last 2 years, plus another 90million due to covid.

A year off from spending would be quite prudent IMO.

Moshiri wasnt gonna keep loaning us 200m a season.

If they stopped signing rubbish players they would lose less money. The squad is horrific and needs an overhaul but signing more poor players makes it totally pointless.

The stadium is priority but stadiums don't win football matches. People are going to switch off from this rubbish very soon. Its getting pretty tedious.

Reportedly was on £80,000 a week at palace cannot imagine he would drop that much on wages

I've seen him reported at anywhere between 50k to 80k p/w. Given they haven't renewed and few others have come in for him, I don't think he will be negotiated from a position of strength. A lot of players are probably going to have to accept lower contracts.

Contrary to what nearly everyone seems to believe , we are not skint. We have owners who are willing to spend , but we do have problems with FFP.
FFP is over a 3 year period isn't it? I guess it's sell to buy until then and try again spending when the stadium opens.

Lets hope Benitez can get the best out of what we've already got as well some free/low transfers like these

If he was told that we need 12months of prudence which allows us more wiggle room in June 2022 then coupled with his 8m a year wages and free tunnel tag I doubt he would mind.
He is just grateful he has a job in the premier League and can stay with his family while doing it ,he knows it's probably his last job

Townsend i could have understood with Bernard going / maybe a back up for James when he is out injured. But why Gray as well ? Unless we don't know something about Iwobi going, but why bring mediocre in when we still got mediocre in our squad.
Grey is a winger, iwobi has always wanted the inside role. If it means iwobi doesn’t play on the wing then I’m all for it. Because he’s useless there. (Useless everywhere, but you get the what I mean)

If they stopped signing rubbish players they would lose less money. The squad is horrific and needs an overhaul but signing more poor players makes it totally pointless.

The stadium is priority but stadiums don't win football matches. People are going to switch off from this rubbish very soon. Its getting pretty tedious.
I know people think FFP is in the mud, but maybe we have been warned that if we take the piss they gonna paddle us.

We shall see, these all look like squad fillers, hopefully we can shift a few and make some decent signings.

Begovic, Gray and Townsend isnt the start we all wanted, but its how we finish thats key.

If he was told that we need 12months of prudence which allows us more wiggle room in June 2022 then coupled with his 8m a year wages and free tunnel tag I doubt he would mind.

Yes probably. I also think he would have said something along the lines of: look if we can't afford any big signings without a big sale, I want to bring 3 or 4 experience PL players in to replace the dross you are moving on.

Gimme the Moyes era over the last 5-6 years.

But I agree, these aren't exciting signings and not what I was expecting. Maybe we're having trouble shifting the lads on big wages?

Or maybe the money has all been tied up with the stadium and ffp.

Who knows.

Tbf we do need some cheaper squad players as well as better first teamers.
Like if we're adding Townsend and Gray and shifting Bernard and it's cheaper then I can see why we're doing it. More options for less money.

Issue is it's improving depth without improving quality really.
I find it hard to imagine that we won't lose at least one of our better players this summer. My concern is that it will be James and we won't see much if a fee, so there'll be nothing to reinvest. In that scenario we improve depth but reduce quality. Particularly in terms of creativity. I fear we will struggle to score goals next season, neither Townsend or Gray offer much of a goal threat.

The thing is, and what a few seem to be missing, (if these are correct), is that the players that these will hopefully replace have contributed zip for years. So if they contribute zip plus 5, at a fraction of the cost, its sound.

Now, the acid test will be if we do actually buy a few in the areas we all know need to be improved. If the Dumfries deal happens, thats one down. But so far, we will be saving a bundle on wages, IF the wasters get moved on. If not, its a minimal impact on wages for one season.

Its a bit magnolia mind.
This.

However, common sense doesn't always go down well here when the fume gets going.

We're surely not below Palace?! (Sorry @Alan Whittle)
1D0C4BF9-D3D6-40B0-8C36-4E177DE05E22.png

Status
Not open for further replies.