Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have him?

Fast forward 12 months. "Definitely punt Gray".

Fast forward 3 years. Well at least we've got Gray off the books.

Fast forward 3 years and 1 day - sign the equivalent type of player on a 4 year deal.

Ebepton!
Agree mate just assume that is the idea bring Townsend and Gray in for a fraction of what we are paying Iwobi, Delph et al. It's austerity shopping.

The only positives I can give for Townsend and Gray are both are at least more productive than Iwobi but it’s not saying much

It all smacks of Martinez’s first summer when we brought in Robles, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku, except we haven’t pulled off a Lukaku type yet

Contrary to what nearly everyone seems to believe , we are not skint. We have owners who are willing to spend , but we do have problems with FFP.

There was someone the other day saying we can finish ahead of Man Utd as Sancho has never delivered in the Prem. lol

You have no idea about football at all do you mate. Townsend is utter gash and yes it is risky because it devalues the group.

In what way does it devalue the group mate? Is he gash? I'm not sure. He seems pretty average to me. I can understand why people would want better than average, but we have paid an awful lot of money for average previously.

The only positives I can give for Townsend and Gray are both are at least more productive than Iwobi but it’s not saying much

It all smacks of Martinez’s first summer when we brought in Robles, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Barry and Lukaku, except we haven’t pulled off a Lukaku type yet
Bit of pace is all I can come up with Gray, his stats are very underwhelming...

Been saying it for years in the longer threads I've created. This set of signings spell serious trouble.

Big time. The writing is on the wall. A manager we are just waiting to turn on and stacked full of awful players and seemingly adding more to the pile. But it’s ok apparently.

Agree mate just assume that is the idea bring Townsend and Gray in for a fraction of what we are paying Iwobi, Delph et al. It's austerity shopping.
Austerity always works out great. Benitez, Begovic, Townsend and Gray. Nothing will ever be the same, apparently. Feels very similar to the Moyes era to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.